Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Seth and I live in SLC. I am very active with the 4x4 groups around Utah and would like to get to know my neighbors to the north. I have run trails is several areas this past year including Moab, Delta, Cedar City, St George, and of course SLC.

This past weekend we went fishing outside of Island Park and saw a group of about 6 around Rexburg. It got me thinking about a run to this area and thought I would post up.

Who do I need to contact? And who wants to show me the ropes in the gem state?

We are looking for trails with ratings in the 4's and 5's on the Moab scale. Something that will get us twisted up. :)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
There are many clubs in Idaho. All could help you with different types of terrain. Check clubs under forums section. Welcome to Planet.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
welcome to planet!!!!:beer:

Yes there are tough rocks up here, but the trails are behind a gate. I am sure that locals would be glad to take you there. :drive:

It is the age old dilemma.....if we share the trails...they get tore up!!!!.....but we want to be friendly.....I am sure we all feel this way...The area in question is one that some have worked very closely with BLM to keep open....It is a problem area for trash...that is part of the reason it is behind a gate....

So to answer your question.....sure come on up.....We will take ya!!!! bring a trash bag to fill!!!!!

:beer: :beer:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe me I know of what you speak. The last thing I want to do is up set the balance with the powers that be. I have been attending the U4WDA (Utah four wheel drive association) meetings and know all to well the issues involved.

All of that being said I just want to connect with the right people, clubs and such. My father lives in Ketchum and I would love to run with the clubs in Idaho when I am in there respected areas.

I mention Rexburg because we travel there about three times a year for sleding, fishing and such. I travel between SLC and Ketchum several times a year for work. We have an office in Sun Valley and I have always been inthralled with the lava rock on the drive up.

I know you can't tell someone's intentions or tendencies till you meet them, but I am good people (if I do say so myself) and know how to keep it on the DL. I have run with groups from all over, and we always bring a trash bag and the tread lightly mentality.

So let's get something planed. :)

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
sBowers said:
I mention Rexburg because we travel there about three times a year for sleding, fishing and such. I travel between SLC and Ketchum several times a year for work. We have an office in Sun Valley and I have always been inthralled with the lava rock on the drive up.

So let's get something planed. :)

This is rexburg....come on up!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Sand Dune run this weekend to St. Anthony Sand Dunes! Bring It!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgive my ignorance, I am still trying to figure out where each of the clubs are located. I have visited many sites, not many mention the city they are located in.

High Desert is based in Bosie, Correct? And Idaho Offroad is based where?

Are you guys crisscrossing the state or generally sticking close to home?

I would love to come up this weekend, but alas the wife has us going to Powell. (I would rather go jeeping but certain sacrifices need to be made)

This probably is not the correct form for the planing discussion anyway. Can someone point me in the correct direction for that discussion? I will post up and maybe we can make a run the 15th or 22nd (july).

Thanks for the Help guys.

Seth

P.S. Check out some of the runs we have made this year.

http://www.sethbowers.com

Use the "jeeping" link.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
there is a forum for runs and wheeling trips... Alot of people stay local but some crisscross as well, with the last big run, many crossed the state.
Idaho Offroad is also Boise based

·
Registered
385 Posts
sBowers said:
Forgive my ignorance, I am still trying to figure out where each of the clubs are located. I have visited many sites, not many mention the city they are located in.

High Desert is based in Bosie, Correct? And Idaho Offroad is based where?

Are you guys crisscrossing the state or generally sticking close to home?

Seth

Use the "jeeping" link.
Welcome to Planet! Idaho Offroad is based out of the Boise area. Feel free to check out our website & our forum as well.
www.idaho4x4.com
Also you might find the Idaho State 4x4 Association website of interest too.
www.idahostate4x4association.com

Happy wheeling!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
sBowers said:
I will post up and maybe we can make a run the 15th or 22nd (july).

Seth

Use the "jeeping" link.
If your looking for a run in the Boise area rockpunk is heading up a run to a new, never been run trail on the 15th (unless it has been changed) and there is supposed to be a joint run between Idaho Offroad, High Desert and Wild West on the 16th at the resevoir rocks in Mountain Home (about 45 mi south of Boise). There are threads for both runs. You should check them out if you haven't already.

Oh yeah, welcome to planet.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Also check out pirate4x4.com there is a bunch of people there who will be able to help ya as well.

Welcome! See ya around :beer:

sBowers said:
Hello all,

My name is Seth and I live in SLC. I am very active with the 4x4 groups around Utah and would like to get to know my neighbors to the north. I have run trails is several areas this past year including Moab, Delta, Cedar City, St George, and of course SLC.

This past weekend we went fishing outside of Island Park and saw a group of about 6 around Rexburg. It got me thinking about a run to this area and thought I would post up.

Who do I need to contact? And who wants to show me the ropes in the gem state?

We are looking for trails with ratings in the 4's and 5's on the Moab scale. Something that will get us twisted up. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts