Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking for a snorkel system for my 87 zuk does anyone know where i could find one?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the help ive been tearing my hair out trying to find one for the build up of my zuk do you know if it robs power of not and are they really just for show?

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
The ARB snorkel for samis is pretty good. I think it probably goes the other way on power it may add just a bit. Gets good clean cool air in

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks for all the great info ill post up some pics whin i find/buy/and install one on my zuk thanks a bunch guys.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I can't remember the exact intake temp. difference but we put a Safari Snorkel on a friend's FJ60 Land Cruiser and his intake temps dropped significantly. He was using the Edlebrock Pro Flow EFI and it lets you monitor intake temps from inside the cab. I'm not sure that this really is that big of HP gain. And others could argue that it gives a ram air effect on the highway. Really they keep water out and the other benefit is that the air they suck is usually cleaner at that height when compared to stock on a dusty road.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I can't think of that many placed in Mtn Home you'd need snorkel? I used mine ONCE... but that was cause I was driving up some creek bed that has pretty deep water.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have plans for the west coast this summer so i want to be prepared for anything. most of the snorkel kits come with everything you need to install them right

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
more snorkel info

hey i talked to arb the other day and they said that they dont make snorkels for the samurai anymore sorry guys.:(

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i tried both calmini doesnt have any and i looked at rocky-road and they said that they are temporaly out of production. i first looked about 4 months ago and it said the same thing then as it does now so i contacted them and are still waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rocky-road e-mailed me back last night and the said that they never took them out of production so i found them they are runnin around $300 so thanks for all yalls help:thumb:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts