Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My next door neighbor had a family move into the house next to him about a week ago. Yesterday he said that he was working on his dirtbike in his garage when he hears a bang on his closed overhead door. He opens the door and there is the neighbors 3 year old daughter on her tricycle. He realized that it was her that ran into his door. He tells her “Honey, you shouldn’t run into my door okay?” He says the little girl starts to cry and then rides off.

Thinking nothing of it he goes inside cleans up and about 45 minutes later comes outside and there is the dad standing right on the property line and starts yelling “If you ever come near my daughter again I will beat you into sand!!” My neighbor says “Hold on pal, all I asked her was to not hit my garage door with her bike.” The dad says “Oh you’re a real tough guy!” “She is only THREE YEARS OLD!!” The dad says once again that he will give my neighbor a beating he wont forget. My neighbor says “Listen punk! You need to settle down!”
“Don’t call me punk!”
“Your acting like one!”
The Dad starts to cock back.
My neighbor starts taking off his cell phone and sunglasses when the sod guys from across the street come over and tell them to calm down.

My neighbor has a 7 week old boxer puppy the dad says “Keep that damn dog on your property or I will crush it under my boot!”

Now, my neighbor is pissed because that dog is like HIS kid. My neighbor is a very nice guy. This happened at 9:00am and he was still pissed over it this morning.

The dad and his family moved in a WEEK ago. He is a big guy that body builds so maybe it is roid rage or something. My neighbor is no small guy either.

Very bizarre. I would have handled that very poorly and would be in jail now. I don’t handle threats like that well. I act upon threats with immediate violence.:mad2:

I really like my neighbor and now he talking of moving. I don’t blame him.:(

What would you do with a nasty neighbor like that?:confused:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
WE had one of those. They were accross and down from us. Thier answer was to get restraining orders on everybody around them. The us answer was a neighberhood group effort to trash his stuff untill he ended up moving.

In the end, the cops can only do so much. Sounds like this guy is going to lose his dog if he's not carefull. It will take a group effort to shut this guy up. He needs to call the police and get it on record first.

Thats sucks. I've been there twice, ended up moving the first time and got the second guy to move. Its no fun when you cant enjoy standing in your own yard. :rolleyes:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
What Matt said was almost exactly what we did when I lived in Texas. It is neighbors like those that make you wish you lived on 50 acres in the sticks like how I grew up out near little old Adrain, Or. population 150 and we were 5 miles from town.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The most difficult thing to do in the face of a bully is to remain calm. It is also the right thing. :smokin:

Some day a situation will present itself where your good neighbor could help the bully. He should do so and expect no immediate credit. The second occasion will come, again no credit should be expected, but he'll see an improvement in the relationship. Favors done should be quietly told to another neighor, so they can vouch for it later.

It is always a shame when we explode out of ignorance. Perhaps the big-guy's daughter was attacked some time in the past. Does that excuse the bully's action? Duh. No. It may explain it in part.

I know - easy to say and tough to do. Without good intentions, things only get worse.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We finally move somewhere and have neighbors that we like. My wife walks with my nieghbors wife. They take the dogs for walks. You know, the stuff neighbors do.

What I am amazed at is how quickly this guy was ready to fight without all the details. I know that if my son was threatened I would be extremely upset but I would find the details out first. I also know that I would tend to take what my 3 year old said with a little grain of salt. Children embelish stories. Why would you buy a house and then immediatly alienate you nieghbor? Strange and sad world we live in. No wonder everybody chats on these dumb computers instead of hanging around each others garages building jeeps and drinking a cold beer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Triple T said:
What would you do with a nasty neighbor like that?:confused:

Personally, I don't do well, when threatened.:cool:
I agree w/BlueTJ. Try to remain calm is the best thing. I suppose if it was me I would take my husband or wife or another friend over with a plate of cookies or beer or something. Then tell they guy, look sorry we got off on the wrong foot last week. But since we are neighbors I thought we could work this out like adults since we will probably be seeing eachother around. Then just try to explain the situation & what happened. See if you can find a common interest somewhere w/the neighbor. That is what I would probably try & do. It always takes a bigger person to stand up & say hey lets not beat the crap out of eachother & lets find a real solution. I think that neighbors need to know that their other neighbors are watching out for their best interest when it comes to their property. Just let the guy know, look I'll help keep an eye out for your stuff, could you do the same for me? Or something.

It totally sucks, that people have gone off the deep end in this society. Its like everyone thinks that everyone else is out to get them or something. :lame: What happened to the days when if you got caught doing something wrong in your own neighborhood or town for that matter the neighbor had a little chat w/your parents?? :shocked:
Just my .02

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
But...
video of him getting tenderized with a Maple chunk is SO much more entertaining!

·
Registered
545 Posts
twistedjack said:
What Matt said was almost exactly what we did when I lived in Texas. It is neighbors like those that make you wish you lived on 50 acres in the sticks like how I grew up out near little old Adrain, Or. population 150 and we were 5 miles from town.
**THREAD HI-JACK
Twisted, when did you live in Adrian? I grew up in Jordan Valley and we had a few good BBall and Fball games against you guys. I graduated in 92. I also have/had a friend from Adrian, Carl Morton. Haven't talked to him in a few years, but that's life.
END OF HI-JACK**

On to the bad neighbor. I can't really help you beign as I am a bad neighbor. Too many derelict cars:thumb: a viscious rat dog, and a penchant to listen to talk radio way to loud have made me unpopular with the English lady who lives next door. My rat dog actually nipped at her mother twice. I can't blame her for her dislike. So I just try to be nice. I wave to her when I see her, I talk civilly to her husband, and I keep the rat in the back yard or on a leash at all times. Eventually things will sort themselves out.

In your case I say beat the loser down next time he comes over all hot under the collar. Then give him a beer and tell him he is welcome to come hang out, talk jeeps, and BS any time.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm id jeepgirl might be right, have the dude go try to make up with said*shithead neighbor* and if that dont work then I'll quit chattin on this here computer and come over to your guys neck of the woods and we can have a grand ol party and if the neighbor comes over acting tuff because he doesn't like what we are doing we cant stomp his ass in the dirt :deal: :rotfl:

oooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr just let me know the address and I'll come give him a lawn job with some 44" swampers :beer:

·
Registered
137 Posts
holy crap Muddin Mike...!!!!! I have not heard of a "lawn job" for like 20 years:smokin:

Used to take care of some "people" that way in a buddies 6 banger bronco 2 with bfg mudders! Lame I know...but it did do a hell of a job on the flower beds...lawn etc.

Ah...flip on the KC's...blind a few folks...take care of the jerks with a lawn job...those were the days...now my buddy is a cop. Hmmmm.

Oh yeah...if it was not the Bronco..it was a big ass smokey burn out in front of their home at 3am with the 68 firebird 400!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Tony, I have a gallon sprayer full of "sterilizer". You could "write" anything you wanted on his front lawn and nothing will grow there for a year.

·
Registered
397 Posts
what would i have done!

first would have went and interduced myslef and asked that the child had more supervison and not ran her bike into my shop, if that failed and (mr body builder) ran his mouth then i would have took a much more violent aproach. . .

pimp slapped him so dam hard he forgot what he came over for.... then explained who had lived there the longest what was what who was who...

remember you only go to jail if there are wittnessess....

deffinatly would not do tons of shit for the guy and waited for my masculinity to deteriorate....

turn this thread into what should i do to the guy, for his ignorant behavoir....

i would keep an eye on the dog...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Owyhee Rock Man said:
When all else failes.. Good neighbor uses his "Pete Rose" on "Roid" boy. That way "Roid Boy" will have a full understanding of the term "Tamp sand in your ass"....Usually a brief tenderizing with a good hickory bat will bring 'em around.
Yeah sure ! I don't think you sitting in Jail for Assault with a deadly weapon will do either of you much good. Might make you feel good at the time, but the Jail time and fines surely wouldn't. One of you could sacrifice your body to have him thrown in Jail. Just hope he stops before he kills you though.
Touchy situation I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. I got pissed this morning because my neighbor shut down my sprinkler with out talking to me about why he needed to do that. I'll talk to him not threaten him.
Good luck !

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All very good suggestions:thumb: !

Everything from nice guy to turning Mr. Steriod into a quivering fear freak.

Right now the dust has settled and Mr. Steriod has not been back outside. I am sure it will blow over and all will be forgotten.

BUT, believe me if this thing escalates(sp) I will call upon the powers of my friends with 44" Swamper clad Broncos(Muddinmike), Bat wielding bikers (Owhyee Rock Man), old airforce dudes with magic lawnicide(Tumbleweed) have AJ film it all so we can ponder later. And when it is all said and done we can send in IDjeepgirl with a plate of cookies to say "See? nieghbors are FUN!":rotfl:

J/K
I think Blue-J's advice is sage and my nieghbor will be the bigger man. When Mr. Steriod looks like Lyle Alzado in his final days maybe my neighbor can shovel his walk for him.:smokin:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Triple T said:
All very good suggestions:thumb: !

BUT, believe me if this thing escalates(sp) I will call upon the powers of my friends with 44" Swamper clad Broncos(Muddinmike), Bat wielding bikers (Owhyee Rock Man), old airforce dudes with magic lawnicide(Tumbleweed) have AJ film it all so we can ponder later. And when it is all said and done we can send in IDjeepgirl with a plate of cookies to say "See? nieghbors are FUN!":rotfl:

J/K
I think Blue-J's advice is sage and my nieghbor will be the bigger man. When Mr. Steriod looks like Lyle Alzado in his final days maybe my neighbor can shovel his walk for him.:smokin:

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :popcorn:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tumble weed's idea for the lawn killer is great...but try it this way...take some of that "thrive" (save-a-tree) from Zamzows (it's super fertilizer) and THEN spray "ass-hat" or somting similar on his lawn...it will be the darkest, lushest area on his lawn!!!!!! and it will keep on a growing that way!

They manager told me about this trick...not that "ass-hat" word to use but long ago he did that to a neighbors yard and the guy had a FIT!

·
Registered
385 Posts
jimmer said:
Tumble weed's idea for the lawn killer is great...but try it this way...take some of that "thrive" (save-a-tree) from Zamzows (it's super fertilizer) and THEN spray "ass-hat" or somting similar on his lawn...it will be the darkest, lushest area on his lawn!!!!!! and it will keep on a growing that way!

They manager told me about this trick...not that "ass-hat" word to use but long ago he did that to a neighbors yard and the guy had a FIT!
You just gave me a GREAT idea! THANKS!!! :idea:

:bolt:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Triple T said:
Should we make copies of the video for Mr Steriod?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts