Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
God I hate dealing with people that won't help you.

Here's the story.

On the way to Moab, my Dodge seems to be running just a little to hot. Seems like the thermostat is sticking and that my fan may not be locking up like it should. So I ordered in a new thermostat, oring and fan clutch. Got it all installed without incident. Upon further inspection, the fan clutch I removed seems to be almost new, and in great shape, but I didn't want to chance the possibility that it still wasn't operating properly.

I made the trip home from moab just fine, everything stayed nice and cool. Two days after I get home I go to Nampa to pickup my 92 Burb. On the way home through Boise I heard a three second squeal, and then noticed I seemed to be smoking alot. I looked at the guages, and everything seemed ok. So I pulled over at the next exit, Orchard Street, and found that the fan clutch had come apart and chopped into my radiator. I left the vehicle in Boise and had Lehi come and pick up the us and the trailer. The next day I had the vehicle towed to Mountain Home and directly to the NAPA store. I had the owner take pictures before I touched a thing. He admitted that he thought everything should be covered, but it was up to the discretion of the NAPA rep. So, after almost a month and nothing but hearing things like "the rep won't call me back" and "we can warranty the clutch, but it sounds like they are going to fight you on it", I am getting frustrated.

I wouldn't normally expect to get something replaced for nothing, but roughly 600 miles and 2 days on this part, and it caused a lot of damage.

pics to come soon!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
sorry to hear.

I have had good luck with them.

I bought that 4 runner, and some ofthe parts that he had just replaced went out. he told me he bought them at NAPA in grand junction. Thats all the info I had when I went to napa. The guy helped me find the store the P O bought all the stuff from and look up the reciept. replaced it all for me....

Good luck to ya!!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The Napa's here in Mtn Home are stickler's on giving discounts too.

Napa natiowide is supposed to have a 10% military discount also the same for AAA. When I asked about it, the guy looked at me like I was nuts???

The Napas in Anchorage had no problem with it. When I worked at Sears, I was allowed to use their account # and it was good for 30-50% off parts, depending on what it was.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
I have no probs with the one I deal with, General Auto Parts (NAPA on 28th & Idaho) I get shop discount, can even return electrical parts if needed, I think that service depends on the store.

But, Im willing to bet the NAPA rep will do whatever he can to save the corporation money.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And now for the latest update. Been dealing with the local NAPA in Moab that I bought the parts from. The salesman I bought the parts from talked to their rep yesterday about the problems, and I emailed them pics. He called me back yesterday and said to send them the clutch back, and then it would be sent in to the factory for inspection, which could take up to 60 days. Then he said there is probably about a 60% chance that they will warranty the stuff.

Now my question is, do I send off the clutch and hope. Or do I keep it and file a small claims action. I am irritated that they will not stand behind their products in a timely fashion. I have been without my truck for 30 days now, and now it will be at least another 60 days.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Ill bet if you called and told them your not going to send it to them and are just planning on taking it to court......they might start singing a different tune. If not....FILE

I have had really good luck with the Napa in Moab. Im kinda surprised to hear this but..they gotta make it right.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The guys in Moab are being as helpful as they can be, I have no complaints with them personally, just with NAPA as a whole.

Now I guess I am going to give them a call, and then after that file a complaint against the NAPA Moab and the Genuine Parts Company. You think a corporation like NAPA would have a national customer service number to be called. But I have yet you be able to find one. I am just irritated that they won't stand behind their product. Thanks for any help you guys can offer and your opinions!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts