Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get to work this morning at 9am....my trailer was borrowed to do an install that i was unable to do this weekend...It was left at the shop early sunday morning. Some frickin hosehead cut the lock off of the side door and took all of my tools out of the trailer...completely cleaned me out. It happened somwhere between 2am sunday morning and 8:30 monday morning....Missing carpenters power and hand tools.....I will post up a list of what i am missing with serial numbers just as soon as i get them down. So if your toolin around at the pawn shop keep an eye out for me would ya :(

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If there is one thing I hate, it's thieves. I hope you get everything recovered. Were your tools covered under any insurance?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it was a work trailer so everything is covered under my work's insurance....

·
Registered
75 Posts
There has been a big theft ring going around the Boise area lately. They have hit us at Lowes for about $8-10K, hit Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc. So far there are 3 of them behind bars, but we think there is about 15 total. Anywho, this may be part of their doings as well, but who knows. Might mention that to the cops cause they have been searching their houses and storage locations.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the police officer made mention of that....said it might be a bunch of new people in the area, but what does he know?

I just want my chit back or it replaced.....and well its getting replaced by the insurance company...A.S.A.P!!! :smokin:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
there's been alot of jobsites hit down here also. I try to always take everything I can home with me but I still usually leave a couple saws in the house(jobsite) locked in a closet or something. But I know if they want it they'll get it. Theives suck & stealing a man's means of making a living is just rediculous and below the human level, just garbage.
Good luck:thumb:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
at least you get some moneys worth of those insurance payments you have been making. it is a bummer having some chit stolen though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sometimes thieves strike twice. An aquaintance of mine got his stuff stolen from his inclosed trailer, insurance bought him all nice new tools and the theives came back about three months later and stole all of his nice shiny new tools too. They know you will most likely replace them because you have to because you make your living with them.....

Keep that in mind when replacing locks and all.

This guy installed an alarm on his trailer and took the real expensive stuff out after a job.

I hope you find out who took your stuff and you can press charges.

Die thieves!!:pissed:

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh i'm gonna kill them if i catch them!!!! $4,533.00 dollars worth of tools and materials....Alot of the little things i have are specialized for granite work and will stick out like a sore thumb, so i hope to atleast get some of it back...

·
Registered
668 Posts
We need to find a thief, any thief will do and have a thief beating party. Maybe their will be less thiefs after a while.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Or just shoot them. I bet they'd learn pretty quick.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Good luck finding your tools.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I'm game Kalob. Thieves are like coyotes ain't no season or limit. I am still trying to figure out which is smarter.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Lehi I think coyoties are smarter....That really sucks about your tools Custom hope you can find some expecially the granite tools those arn't easy to find might be eaiser to spot. But if there is one thing I know from being a carpenter myself is I love new shiney tools! :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts