Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well I finally have had it with the 4banger and the punney clutch, I think I have gone thru three clutches since I started wheelin my sami, always having to be a banzi master to get thru obstacles.
Here is my plans on my trailer QUEEN:drive:

Strip down to frame, add 4.3 TBI with a 700R auto tranny still using the stock transfer case, dana 44's out of a 78 wagoneer(spool the rear), 36 inch tsl's, reverse shackle the front, 1/4 liptic the rear, 3 inch body lift and some sheet metal removal

Here are some pics of no flex

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
hey looks good in the first place but cant wait to see this sami done i have plans for mine to but got to wait till tax return.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so do you allready have these parts ready to go in?
yes, this project will be very cheap for me to build, when you live in a small area it is amazing the things you find in peoples back yards, the engine and tranny came out of a mini van, the only thing wrong with the van was the power windows, 250.00. the axles are from a wagoneer that came with another one I bought 3 years ago, 0.0, the tires 600.00, we have a scrap yard here and I picked up about 100 lbs of 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch steel plate for 6.00 and we have a club member that can fab anything. this should come together real quick. There is one part I am on the hunt for now and that is a landcruiser power steering box.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts