Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

my new tires

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rodzillax3 
#1 ·
I just put on new 33 in Super Swamper TSL/SX tires on my 97 Jeep Wrangler and i just rode them on the road for the first time and they were really squirrely and shaking around. Is this a problem or is it just because the tires are new and it will go away on its own. Or is this the way my new tires are always gonna ride. Cuz im gonna be kinda mad cuz even though i bought them to be mostly off-road i do want to drive it on the road sometimes.

#2 ·
It shouldnt be that bad. Looks like it might be time to check out all the steering components. Sounds like a joint somewhere is loose. Are you running a steering stabalizer? 33"s should ride just fine.

#3 ·
If you are used to radial tires it might just be the tires SXs are not radials but anyway are they balanced do you have beadlocks. Find a guy with a lifted samurai with any type of tires and ask for a ride you will think your Wrangler rides really good after that :rotfl: :rotfl:

#4 ·
blazinzuk said:
If you are used to radial tires it might just be the tires SXs are not radials but anyway are they balanced do you have beadlocks. Find a guy with a lifted samurai with any type of tires and ask for a ride you will think your Wrangler rides really good after that :rotfl: :rotfl:
you must be using a ******* z-link???

put on a mercedes arm with hy steer it will cruise like a caddy without the powersteering also I never balance my tires.. the weights keep relocating on the rocks and disappearing
I have had awesome results with wranglers and hy steer but then again I dont use calmini springs or shackle reversal kits(junk)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.