Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it's a 75 k5 blazer been sitting in a vinyard for 7 years with the top off!!

Picasa Web Albums - agent66

it already had new
drive shafts
crate 350 with edelbrock intake and carb
newly rebuilt th350

I just did the floorboards with rustbullet
put in a 6 point cage
just got a new hood and bought a 5 inch induction scoop

got headers but still trying to figure out what kind of mufflers to put on any suggestions?

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man,

I'm not really looking to go all crazy wheeling it... (frame is cracked over the passenger side shock) I've since welded and gusseted the crack but... I had a 73 back in my college days that I had to give up because of the smog laws... I live in northern california and they recently change the no smog laws to pre 1975 so I couldn't resist when I saw this one for sale.

It belonged to kid who bought it in nevada with a new crate engine (3000 miles on it) and rebuilt tranny.. it sat for 7 years because he couldn't get it registered here for the same smog reasons. He sold it to me for $800 bucks as-is...

I got it towed home, changed all the fluids, bypassed the gas tank new battery and.......

fired up first time... smooth idle and the timing was still dead on.

it still needs a bit of work which I have done I'll take more photo's this weekend

so what are you guys running as far as exhausts? I'm kind of on the fence as far as magnaflow and flowmasters

Welcome to the Board. I have always liked the open top blazers, but I can't bring myself to cut the top off of mine yet.

What kind of wheeling are you looking to do with this rig?

Oh, and where are you located also?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice lookin K5 there buddy nice to see another just like mine on here welcome

·
Registered
545 Posts
so what are you guys running as far as exhausts? I'm kind of on the fence as far as magnaflow and flowmasters
I have a flowmaster in my cj-5. It has held up well to a getting a driveshaft thrown into it, and a couple small rock dings. With that said, I would not run another one. THe exhaust is just too loud for an open top vehicle and it is even worse with the top on.

My next exhaust is going to be as quiet as I can get it. It would be nice to be able to hear other things than exhaust.

·
Registered
167 Posts
dynomax mufflers are great not too loud in the cab I have one on my 77 350 K5 and it purrs yet it's not annoying

1 - 10 of 10 Posts