Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another trail run before i leave. all are welcome! :thumb:

Gonna take a try at meatgrinder again. maybe carnage canyon or something after if we have time. Meeting at Dans Ferry 0930.

post up if you have any questions.

trev! :beer:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does any one wanna go wheeling! someone has to be up for dragging a yota up the trail....

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
i am going...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Crap now I'm really conflicted. I wanted to put the TBI in my wagon on Monday, My wifes sister wants me to help ride herd on some kids for a horseback ride, and now the possibility of wheelin.

Whaddya think, can a cj5 with 33's, a front locker and rear limited slip make it through? Or would I just be stacking and unstacking rocks all day. How much more of a trail is it than Lost Trail? I'm definetly tempted, in fact I can't think of a better way to start a vacation.

Upon further review, I'll be there unless you guys have any objections.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joe, i think you would at worst be taking hte bypass for the falls. but the rest of the trail could be doable. if it looks ot hairy for you there is a pretty easy way out in most spots. :thumb:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sweet, I'm there.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
change to the change. we will be meeting on wilson creek road. not sure what parking spot we will meet at yet but, just look for a suburban on 47's.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I can't go, but Wilson Creek road is a long way if you want to run Carnage and Meatgrinder. Reynolds Creek Road would be the one you want for those trails.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
trevor I will see you at the chevron at 815 tomorrow.

·
Registered
545 Posts
No wonder I was confused. I'll be on Reynolds creek road in the morning.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It may be muddy and wet. I was out there yesterday and it rained and snowed on us.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It may be muddy and wet. I was out there yesterday and it rained and snowed on us.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Well we went out today. It was Trevor in his yota, Me in the Burb/Super Dave as shotgun, and Joe in his CJ5 with his sister as shotgun. It was a great day. My Brown truck did its intial towing job with the 454 and did good.

Trevor made it up the waterfall and Meatgrinder without too much trouble. He declined extra credit at this time. I made it up the waterfall with the new propane setup and the trailer tranny started acting up. I ended up going and doing extra credit with little hassle. I then tried climbing the rock wall after the exit and ended up finally cooking the transmission and almost rolling the Burb. Joe made it up the waterfall with a little hybrid power and then completed the rest of Meatgrinder and then attempted X-Credit but got hung up in one area and backed out.

The transmission worked great in reverse, but no forward gears. I threatened to drive it out in reverse but in the end relented to allow Trevor the honor of pulling the burb to the end of the trail. At the end we had a tow contest with me in reverse and 2wd and him in 4wd Let the pics say who won.:popcorn:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah the yota did well. thanks to the fellas for spotting! was good meeting another new face on the trail, it was a pleasure wheeling with you joe.

funny how lehi relived the MOAB days and cooked his tranny and was saved by a toyota AGAIN! Operation Toyota Takeover now in affect!! :flipoff:

all in all a great day on the trail!!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
:flipoff: EXTRA-CREDIT:flipoff:

·
Registered
545 Posts
:drive: I had a ball wheelin with you guys. I hate to admit it, I was OWNED by gatekeeper (If that's what you call the first waterfall). I was both surprised and dissapointed with how the jeep did(surprised I didn't really break anything, dissapointed I didn't make all the obstacles I thought I should have).

I am getting a better idea of what I need to do to take it to the next level, and what I need to work on as a driver. If I would quit wasting all my time with work and school then I could finish the axle swap, and all the other mods I have planned. I guess I have some work to do over the summer.:darn:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts