Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new issue of JP that arrived today has an article about Christian Hazel buying and picking up my old 715. The one that the damn homeowners assoc was complaining about.

There is a pic of me on the trailer with the rig. Hazel complains about the t-case (np200) missing and the crossmember too. Ask Kenny or Tim about the 200...it was rusted together BAD. I took it to foothill to see if it was useable and when Tim took it apart...it was a mess.

The crossmember was in the back of my black chevy...totally forgot about that messy thing...grease covered...to the dumpster about 3 months after they bought the rig.

Yeah...they made a wrong turn in reno and ended up in mtn home. Then made the trek to Boise.

My wife read the article to me after Kenny told me it was there. I'm still at work. Will look at it later.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah, I saw it Jim. I got my copy over a week ago! Pretty neat to be in a mag at all. Glad you were able to get rid of that old truck!

Jesse Crews (green Land Cruiser) is in the Dec. issue of Four Wheeler, pg 72, an article about the Chili Challenge.

Lots of famous people around here!:thumb:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mail is still being forwarded from the old address in the springs to my new address at the house we just bought in Falcon/Peyton Colorado.

Wish I had the time and money to finish that thing instead of selling. Oh well.

Need to finish the Nova SS this winter.

If ya decide to ditch the 5 lug beadlocks let me know.

Oh...survived the blizzard of 06 we had last week. holy crap...tons of show and blowing snow. Welcome to colrado. The cummins did just fine....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Jim

Guess I missed something...you got a cummins?? Great! I love mine! I got 13.85 MPG overall towing to Moab and back last month. that's actual, weight was around 14,000 total. Speed 68 -70 MPH. Don't have to slow down for the mountain now!

Might sell the bead locks, still not sure how to proceed. I might get 5x5 1/2 hubs for the Dana 60 and just keep 'em. I will let you know though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rad the article in the mag tonight. All of that crap that says the PO did this and that was about the guy who had it B4 I did. I did nothing other than pay 150 bucks for it and take all the tools and stuff out of the back that was worth about 1000. T-case was all rusted to shit so it got tossed. Sitll a good article to read.

Yes...2006 Cummins quad cab long bed 6 speed 3500 4x4 sport model. hauls ass. when i brought the jeep over to colorado wit the camper...75 all the way...500 miles on engine at that time...and only shifted out of 6th once...that was coming out of laramie wyoming up the hill...and of course in traffic in utah...but lots of balls with that 325 hp and 610 tq.

·
Registered
374 Posts
WOW! Good job. I know you have been wanting one for a while. Good pay raise, convinced the wife! What kind of actual mileage did you get? I have heard the new ones are not quite as good on mileage but don't really know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
about 16 so far. only 8500 miles total. towing i was at 12. but i was at 75 and that is 2500rpm

·
Registered
374 Posts
pretty good I'd say. I only went about 1500 -1600 RPM (around 68-70) Also put the windshield of the Jeep down and did not have a camper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts