Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as some of you know I rolled my bronco about 1 1/2 years ago. For those of you that don't I had been mudracing this turd for about the last 10 years and time hasn't done it any justice.
So after kicking it around a while I have desided to fix it back up and put it back on the street.
So here's where I am after a few weekends work.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm trying to work out a deal now on a 92 mustang thats wrecked. I would realy like to stick a EFI motor back in it. If not I will probably mellow out the 408 and stick it back in there. I also would like to find a more street friendly set of tires if I could fine someone that realy wanted my boggers. Then a power break setup, new wild hourses springs and some kind of cheap interier.
I need someone to buy my 83 F250 so I'll have a few more bucks to spend on it.:bowdown:

·
Registered
393 Posts
What size boggers,what are they worth and what kind of street tire do you want?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
u know that 408 would look purdy in my truck.....Hey i have a complete truck 302 from an 88 F-150 if you wanna go that route...needs rebuilt...but i will let it go to you for nothin....

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ya the bad thing is custom you never can get anything out of a motor like that.Here is a pic or two of a 393 I built for my buddy last year. Get some bucks together and I'll help you do one.
Do you have the harness and ecm that came out of the 88?

guess I needed to reset the date on the camera.:idea:

·
Registered
88 Posts
What size lift are you going with? I have a new set of 3 1/2" Deaver coils that I can't decided if I want to install or simply continue to use the Duff's coils that are on it. (it might help if I would hurry up and get the beast on the road to get a better feel, but that is another matter all together) I also have a few spare hydroboosts that I have in the garage while I try to sort out which one actually gets to go on the bronco.

Let me know what else you are looking for and I will see if I can help.

dan

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What size lift are you going with? I have a new set of 3 1/2" Deaver coils that I can't decided if I want to install or simply continue to use the Duff's coils that are on it. (it might help if I would hurry up and get the beast on the road to get a better feel, but that is another matter all together) I also have a few spare hydroboosts that I have in the garage while I try to sort out which one actually gets to go on the bronco.

Let me know what else you are looking for and I will see if I can help.

dan
Hey thanks, I'm not sure on the coils yet eather. It has 4 inch on it now and I'm a little worried that with a flexxier spring the tires might end up in the fenders. The last fenders where cut so I had a little more room I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with these ones. Probably go with eather 4 1/2 or 51/2. You don't have any rear springs do you?
Let me know what you have as far as the brake booster setups go. I would be very interested.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have got the gambit on brake boosters. I am currently trying to get it all sorted out without having to use a angle bracket (which I am 75% sure I have accomplished- just a little welding to be sure and then I can move on)

In which case I will have an angle bracket, which I would actually like to recoup some of my costs on, and several different Gen1(70's Lincoln) and Gen2 boosters (80-90's Astro). Currently the astro booster is setup for the angle bracket and attached to angle bracket. If all else fails I will just use that setup, but I would prefer to have it all setup without the angle bracket.

No rear springs, but do a search in the for sale section and see if Pete still has his rear 5.5" springs for sale for 50$. Hell of deal if he does.

Did you ever get that tank boiled out? Hopefully it will work well for you.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm trying to work out a deal now on a 92 mustang thats wrecked. I would realy like to stick a EFI motor back in it. If not I will probably mellow out the 408 and stick it back in there. I also would like to find a more street friendly set of tires if I could fine someone that realy wanted my boggers. Then a power break setup, new wild hourses springs and some kind of cheap interier.
I need someone to buy my 83 F250 so I'll have a few more bucks to spend on it.:bowdown:
What size tires? I am needing for some badly.

·
Registered
464 Posts
What do you want for your boggers? I have a set of 33" wild country rvt on new white spokes that fit your bronco. Tires have about 800 miles and are like new.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
yeah i have the whole truck complete right now and i am dismantling it....if you want anything from it lemme know

·
Registered
466 Posts
Looks good Jason. :beer:

:thumb: BRONCO DOWN:thumb:

You and Gene can come over anytime. Only a year and a half since you rolled. That is not long at all. Take it from me, your making good progress. LOL

·
Registered
212 Posts
badass EB, although I've never been able to consider an early bronco and budget build in the same paragraph. Looking forward to the end product.

And I have to ask, any more shots of that shortbed?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Heres a few pics of the SB the day it went to its new owner:darn: Still not sure why I sold it. I hope I don't do that with the bronco when its done.
This thing was in pretty bad shape when I got it also. I built a 428FE motor for it, went threw the c-6 did a disk brake/power steering on it. Paint and interior.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heck I just got back in from sanding on that pos. Been hitting it pretty hard the last week or two and it just keeps looking worse. Now I know why body shops charge so much. My buddy thats been helping me has spent the last month working on his and a few other cars to get them ready for Gooding and Firebird so I have been solo.
I'm about ready to put the body work aside for a little and throw a motor together and replace some of the suspension stuff.
My goal is to have it on the road by June...:drive:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well its been a while sence I have posted but I have been hard at work. This last weekend I busted my butt to try and get some work done. I can tell you now this isn't how my wife wanted me to spend mothersday but it has to get done. I have to do some more work on the door inserts but the rest will be cleared in the morning.
I just got my spindles the other day so I can finally get my frontend back the way it needs to be. I will be ordering some new wild horses front coils and a power brake setup for it in the morning along with some other little stuff.
Still not sure what I'm going to do for the interior but I guess I'll just have to see how much money is left in the bank when the rest is done.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks good - take some pics with the sunlight coming through the garage so we can get a good feel for the color.. I have always liked the 2 tone like that. GunMetal grey on the bottom?

The lineup on the body panels down the driverside looks nice and flush. damn good work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts