Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with Mark Campbell today and he is 100% behind the idea of a mud track out there. It would be the same setup as MH. We would need volunteers to run the races, but he said his brother would take care of track maintenance and such. Also, he said he does have a set of lights. He needs us to meet him out there on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening during practices.

This is great news for the season! Hopefully it will all work out with him

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hmmm. Phyllis will still be in the hospital through most of next week. I drive into Boise every day to visit with her while my daughter puppy sits our two pups. Wednesday I take our older pup to class. I expect Phil to be able to come home either Thursday or Friday. At this point I don't see how I can make it to a meeting next week. If you guys do have one let me know what comes out of it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think that we need to get together before the end of april. Maybe the 24th or 25th and we can invite The people from weiser. Maybe we should have it in weiser? I know that is far for Chris but if you want I can meet up with you in Nampa and ride in together.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
We are hoping that Phyllis is home from the hospital by then and is feeling good enough for me to leave her alone for a few hours. I vote for Weiser for the meeting. We may get more of the Weiser people to show up if it's easier for them (or inbetween if the Weiser folks are up to it. Does the Flying J next to the freeway have a room we can use?).

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
We need a good list of what we need and expect from the town of Weiser. They in return will need to give us a good understanding as to what their expectations are of us. We need to document this or there will be as many interpretations as there are people in attendance.

Glen, I will try to document our meeting notes from our first meeting but I need your notes as to what was talked about and any decisions that were made. I wouldn't count on my memory...I lost it somewhere in the 60's and Viet Nam :rotfl:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Darrel,

Rich is due back this afternoon. I wrote my notes in his binder. By no later than Teusday morn I will get those to you.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Cool :thumb:. Also, if you or anyone else has any more thoughts on what we need to talk about or list please let me know.

Where is Pleasent Valley? Anyone have a map or web site?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Is this it?

If so, then it's real close to an area we tried to get the state to let us use for the now dead Dirty Idaho Racing Toys (DIRT) club. Small world. I'm told that years ago there used to be a sand drag track out that way.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thats it. Kuna-Mora road makes it nice for the Mountain home guys as well as the rest of us. It cuts accross from the Blacks Creek exit and bypasses all the traffic. Mark told me earlier that there is already discussion regarding mud racing out there from the Gowen field crowd. Could be a very popular venue.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Yeah Im about 5 miles or so way from the pleasant valley site, if we need anyone to run errands out there and stuff to get it going. I drive about 1 mile from there on my way home from work.

edit: the 25th will work fine for me as well.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
What do we need to do to get the ball rolling for the pleasant valley races? I know it will be hard to plan 2 at once but we really dont want to wait till the weiser race is over to plan pleasant valley.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I would think that whatever we write up for our needs for Weiser we can also present to Pleasent Valley.

ONLY 65 DAYS LEFT TILL JUNE 24TH IN WEISER! Is the ground even dry enough yet to do anything with?

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Well i dont know how it affects weiser but almost all the rivers in the area are at or above flood stage. Could be a month or more before it dries out, Hopefully someone in that area can take a look, maybe someone coming in from weiser for the meeting can go look at the site first.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts