Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
those PSI tugs have some sort of 4 speed clutchless auto/manual tranny, that has and electric switch to change from fwd to reverse, and you put the floor shifter into one of the 4 gears...in other words 4 speeds fwd, 4 speeds reverse, they also have 4 wheel hyd steering that can be switched from 2 wheel steering to 4 wheel cordinated to 4 wheel crab, it would be awsome for rock crawling...................except they are very unreliable (lots of use and very little care) and the eng/tranny probably weighs 2500-3500lbs , I drive one every day at work, tommorow I will see if I can get any hard specs off of it

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have a camera, can you take pics of the axles and steering setup?
Thanks man...
I was hoping the tranny would be a GM one mated to that Perkins.
wonder if you could mate an automotive tranny to that perkins?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll see what I can do about pics, I'll have to take off the flightline (no cameras allowed)

·
Registered
940 Posts
toy4$4 said:
I'll see what I can do about pics, I'll have to take off the flightline (no cameras allowed)
Aw come-on...just this once? Just do this when the cops get close
I heard they think it is funny!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
those things are POS's. the trannys need repairing once a month in our shop. onless you know alot about these things i wouldnt recomend it. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
940 Posts
Baja Travis said:
hell have the time there on there phones or watching dvds im sure they wouldnt notice
I took pics of 3 C5s when I was stationed at Howard AFB in Panama. I was at least 500 yards away, outside the fence and they were a backdrop for a couple of friends that took a hop there on one of them. Some gung-ho A1C tried to take my $500 camera. Luckily there was a MSgt cop close by and told the kid to get a clue and stop hasseling me. Pictures turned out crappy anyway from the clouds & 90% humidity.

oops, did I just highjack this thread?

Carry on :bolt:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, that's what i'm thinking..
I bet theres alot of parts left on that thing that could be modified for use by nuts like us.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
The only thing that sucks about buying from there is that they have a very small window of time to pick it up. They give you an appointment date of when they will be around. Mine was a month after the purchase, and I had two days only to go there and get it. The worst part is they only gave me a couple of days notice too. And titling sucked, you have some paperwork to go through to get it titled, not hard, just time consuming.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
couldnt get any pics, the transportation shop didnt have any appart when i stopped by. the transmission is an International 460/00600. the trans. guys said the tranny is POS also and cost about $15,000 new. but the engines were good.

hope this will help you more.

·
Registered
940 Posts
trevortoyota said:
couldnt get any pics, the transportation shop didnt have any appart when i stopped by. the transmission is an International 460/00600. the trans. guys said the tranny is POS also and cost about $15,000 new. but the engines were good.

hope this will help you more.
But that's govt prices, fo you AJ, 9,999.95 :thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lmao!!!

nah, I get EVERYTHING at wholesale! that means I get it for $9,000.01!
then offer it to you guys for $9,000.51!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts