Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I get woke up at 6:10 this morning to the sound of a non-english speaking woman plowing her mini van through my pasture gate & fence - taking out 4 concrete secured posts - and all of the fencing.

I threw some clothes and sandals on to go outside only to see her van sitting about 3/4 of an acre into my pasture with her brake lights on. This fence isn't even on a corner it is on a straightaway running along Overland. So, I run over there first of all to see if she was okay and then ask her where the horses were (I couldn't see them it was pretty dark still). And she says - I no speak English and I said Horses big huge Horses - (anyhow they were fine) It did take Ada County 45 minutes to get there - I was not real impressed with that!

Her husband finally showed up and said his brother owns a fencing company (lucky for me). Rocky came home from work and he just called and said they just showed up to fix the fence. At least he kept his word!

Anyhow - not how I wanted to be woke up this morning!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
What did she do fall asleep at the wheel?

Can't speak english, but can get a drivers license.......some things simply amaze me....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess her husband said her brakes went out but I'm not sure whay she would be breaking for???

She actually didn't have a Driver's License - so she got a ticket for that - but the Insurance was through her Husband. The cop didn't write her a ticket for anything else because it happened on private property he said they can't do anything about it.

At least her husband is fixing the fence that's more than some people would do!!!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Well that sucks. I have kinda gotten used to idiots wrecking in my field. The only difference is they usually rollover because of my Burbs ruts. I have never had a problem with people keeping their word about fixing stuff.

Guess it shows there are still good people out there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well that sucks. I have kinda gotten used to idiots wrecking in my field. The only difference is they usually rollover because of my Burbs ruts. I have never had a problem with people keeping their word about fixing stuff.

Guess it shows there are still good people out there.

Makes you wonder if the fence would of got fixed if they did speak english. I know the guy who ran thru the fence at the school I work at spoke english real well , but didn't have insurance was drunk as a skunk, had like 4 prior DUIs and called the cops every (english) curse word ever created. Good Ole English Speaking White Trash American. So I guess the bottom line is it doesn't make a difference if they speak english or not, people are just good or bad, some run in between. None of us are perfect I guess.
That is a lousy wake up call no doubt though. Glad nobody got hurt or animals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts