Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is nothing wrong with the MTR's I am currently running, they are practically new. However, they don't seem to give me the traction I want in the rocks.

I would like to step up to some red label Krawlers or some super-sticky creepy crawlers.

The dealer told me that they only make one rubber compound for the Krawlers. Is that only one compound available to the public or are they all the same?

I have also been told that you can't get the super sticky creepy crawlers either.

Does anyone have any info on where I could purchase either of these, other than used, or are they "not available to the public".

Any opinions on which work better.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
just watch RME. quite often competitors are selling Krawlers that have great tread left. I bought some 40's but sold them cuz I didn't have rims.

but they are out there. I can prolly get ya a set of 40 inch krawlers, you would have to get them from southern utah, though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
What rock are you wheeling on? It seems like just about anything hooks up well on lava rock! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Red label Krawlers all have the same compound from what I've heard. Depending on the size you're looking for they also make Trxuss in a comp compound that's supposed to be amazing and of course the Maxxis tires. Out of the three the Maxxis will have the strongest sidewalls but be the heaviest.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
There are different compounds for competitors out there from just about every tire manufacturer.....BFG, GoodYear, Maxxis, Procomp, Mickey Thompson and Interco.

Now the easiest way to get some of these tires, is of course to become a competitor and compete in a major circuit.

Second would be watch places like the Pirate Board or other internet sites for some of these stickey tires. To get these stickey tires it is going to cost you some coin!!! (Even though these will be at best 60% tread)

IMHO, for a trail rig, the DOT compound tires have enough traction for any trails you want to run. Now some tires out of the list are better to run in certain situations as well.

If you want a tire that is super aggressive and works well in many situations that is a super tough tire as well, the Creepy Crawlers is probably the cats meow.

If you are looking to go to the next level of trail wheeling, I would look at doing different things to your rig. Also, to really gain the benefit of running the stickey tires, you will be wheeling up waterfalls and very extreme terrain that most others are not wheeling...........

Last but not least, if you drop the coin on some stickey tires, stickey tires dont last long at and you are going to have to pay the price again.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Just buy them both, it is the only way to know for sure. Mainiac just make sure that you go with the 39's, that way you can sell me the ones your not using.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts