Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm have a 2003 Chevy S-10 ZR2 with 33 TSL's on her with no lift, and i am tryin to find away to get more flex out of my rear. this is what i came up with. need some feed back.

2" liftshackles
remove the rear panhard bar
Bilstein shocks for a Full size (more travel)

ps. I have cut my fender to fit the 33's. they how i got them on there. :thumb:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I am assuming there is no rear sway bar. The shocks will only make a difference if they are currently limiting travel. Get under your truck while the rear is flexed out as much as you can get it look for limits like the e-brake cable the brake line etc. The shackle won't help much unless it is currently limiting you. Removing the pahnard bar should help

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
On my old ZR2 I had I pulled the overload leafs off. I noticed a huge difference by doing that. Before I did that I noticed the top spring would get pretty crazy looking near the eyes. Heres a pic of before. Unfortunately I didn't get any after pictures and the truck is long gone by now. I also had 33s on mine. I just had to trim the front flares and inner fenderwell to keep the tires from rubbing. What exactly did you cut?

suspension flex 001.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cut just what u said, I have somewhat of a write up and pics on my site @ *******-up.com if ya wanna see. and as soon as i find my cam i got pics from when shes done i need to add.

This is how she flex's right now.
*Note this is only 2feet in the air"

as you can see, my other rear tire is almost not touching the ground. and i know with the 2" lift shackles i'm goin to need new shocks.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That's not bad at all IMO.

The front is barely flexing, though that's an IFS thing. I used to wheel an S-10 Blazer and I'd have the back all twisted up and the front would be hanging a tire cause it has like 3" of travel :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That's a nice looking truck. Pretty much what mine looked like except different wheels and tires, and I put some DIY bedliner stuff on the rockers, flares and bumpers. To get more flex out of the front, I pulled the sway bar on the front and didn't crank the torsion bars any over stock. With that setup, at street pressure, I pulled a front tire up on one of the highway barriers (commonly called Jersey barriers) without lifting a tire. I'm not sure how tall those are, but I'm pretty sure it's a little more than 2 ft.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You might want to see if the angle of the shock is what is holding you up, more than the length of the shock. If so, you can fab up some new shock mounts so that you can mount your shocks like this / \. That is what I did with mine and that really made a difference here is a pic of mine

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am kinda scared to take my front sway bar off, i dont know if i would rub or not. when my truck was jacked up like that it was to see were it needed to be cut. i have longer bumpstopers up there to help out. i guess i can see if my friend has a jack jack i can use, i was at a friend house about 3 hours away, he is the one that did the cuttin, so.......

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you have bump stops to help with the up travel and you yank the sway bar, all you will gain is down travel and believe me the sway bar makes a huge difference with the right suspension. Not sure about yours, but on my truck with the OME setup I still needed the sway bar, but with my Donahoe Racing Coilovers, I love it with the sway bar removed, my front end flexes so much more, it is amazing the difference. The difference between the suspensions is that with the OME stuff the truck just felt wobbly now it feels planted to the ground and secure....Might as well try it, you can always put it back on right....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya, there is a kit for out trucks, but i can also just take off the 2 bolts and tire the swaybar up under there some were.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess that will be my project this weekin, remove the rear panhard bar and front swapbar and find a place to try to flex her here @ fort hood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts