Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reminding you all of these.

Optimist Park – Tag Hawks was given permission to be in charge of the facilities again there will be a meeting on Monday March 26th at 6:00 at City Hall. We encourage all members to show up and show their support.
Forest Service Meeting on March the 27th at 7:00 there will be a meeting at the Legion Hall again we encourage all members to try to attend and show their support.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Tonights meeting is about reopening the Motocross track at Optimist Park in Mountain Home. That is where we used to have mud drags and the Top Truck competition that WWOR put on. We would like to have those options back again. So we are going to show our support to the City that we want to have motorized recreation back at the park. If the motocross goes, it is hopefully be easier to get the other events back in. Tag has always supported the club efforts in the past and we have tried to support him also.

The Forest Service meetings are about the use/trail designations of the Boise National Forest, specifically the "E" areas on their maps. The E areas are the only areas open to motorized traffic.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
HDOR has a meeting tomorrow night, so I cannot make the Forest Service Meetings. Please attend if you can and report back on the meeting. I know that Howard Sheilds was the only 4x4 to attend that last one they had. Lets not look disinterested this go around. Please attend.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm out of commission for awhile. Figures I get a week off of work and I get hurt on Day 1. I pulled a muscle in my neck and I can't turn my head to the right at all. It pinches a nerve that drops me to my knees. It was absolute hell trying to get off Danskin yesterday. I have an auto injection patch on my neck right now that is injecting anti-flamatory medication into the muscle. Tomorrow I go to PT again. This sucks! If you could get extras of maps etc... I'd appreciate it. Also if somebody would sign my name up I'd appreciate it, so I can get back on their mailing list.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Are you guys thinking of the same type of racing....Mud Drags? Also, how long are they talking about to keep the park open? I seem to remember something being said about the land where the park is at being slated for something other than the park in the future.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I think I heard the same thing as Daryl. Supposedly a cheese factory, or something to that effect was to go there. Geez, drags again would be great. We could almost be amatuer pros with all the different places we could race.:rotfl: :rotfl: Well, maybe just the Dawg.:thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Well, Tag wants to bring back the mud drags. I have no idea if it will go or not at this point, but the chances are better than they were a year ago. It seems that they have record of motorcycle racing documented back to at least 1986, and that is helping to avoid some hassle because of "grandfather" clauses. I still don't know if we would be able to do it again or not, but we have support from the Parks and Rec Board and the Parks and Rec Director.

The cheese factory is out there now, but what a joke on the 300 plus jobs, last I heard it was around 50..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Chris, in 1969,1970, and 1971 I raced motorcycles at the location of the Optimist Park. Also, the Jackrabbit 100 Enduro races started from that site.
Just FYI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts