Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There were I believe between 13 to 18 rigs. I know some one has to have pics of the kane creek adventure. I will just say that until the pics show up. It is amazing what a 3 rating trail will do to some heavyly modified rigs. :rotfl: :rotfl: :beer:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
couple more...Scott's bronco was awesome there!
I had a few mechanical problems on golden spike trail... busted my driveshaft on double whammy, then a couple of bends after that I busted my tie rod end.... went back to camp and got the readywelder and a new tie rod end and came back the next morning and welded the driveshaft up and installed the tie rod end... I was plagued by a piss-poor setup of fuel lines at the fuel pump. some P.O had hacked a small hole in the crossmember to clear the fuel lint to the carb at the fuel pump, but the hole was too small, and the edge hit the fuel line constantly, sawing holes in it. I never had issue with it till moab, but then again, I hadn't had a chance to thrash this truck before this. the Sands at St.Anthony didn't do anything other than show me where to trim more for these tires. Once I got off golden spike and was headed back to town, I blew my water pump gaskets, both of them.. other than that, this trip was a blast! Now that I have my 60 parts and the locker for it, next year will be a different story!
I think I did OK for having a rig with open diffs and not having to be pulled or winched on that trail until I broke my front driveline.. :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I had a great time but I will have to admit that I was horrible about taking pics this trip.

[/list]

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
allusee said:
Who broke what??
Well I lost a lower shackle bolt on the passenger side trashing the bushing all because I forgot to check the bolts to make sure they were tight. Then I sheared a spring center pin letting the driver side tire smash the firewall and trashing the shock. Both times we had it back up and running fast. THANKS for everyone that helped. I would say that wasn't too bad since I had ZERO trail hours on it before the trip. We worked on it until it went on the trailer. I am pretty happy with it since it went up everything I pointed it at. I will let the others post their own breakage because it is a LONG list.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Holy cow Kevin, that's some serious looking droop on that front axle.

Looks like everybody had a good time. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing some more of those pics and reading some good breakage stories.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts