Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm down to mounting the ram, fixing one leak, installing a rollover valve for the fuel cell and loading up the camper.

Going to be a busy weekend. :deal: :beer:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I need to make mounts for the front shocks, change the oil, fix the tranny leak, put the doors on.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I DRIVE mine so that might be a cold ride :finger:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Good luck Matt, your crunch time is shorter than mine and I only have a few things to do, but I have to wait until the end of the month to do it so I have the funds to do it. Also, Sorry I never called you the other weekend, I was hung over about 3 days and then just never got around to it.....

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AJ Johnson said:
Hey Matt, can you post some pics of your ram mounting, and where you tapped your box?
When I get it mounted on. No problem. The box tapping is real easy. Especially the second time around. :roll:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr.TRD said:
Good luck Matt, your crunch time is shorter than mine and I only have a few things to do, but I have to wait until the end of the month to do it so I have the funds to do it. Also, Sorry I never called you the other weekend, I was hung over about 3 days and then just never got around to it.....
I am used to your constant rejection. :finger:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Now I am really feeling the pressure. I still haven't got the tranny leak fixed.(leaking so bad I can't drive it) other than that here is the list
Replace fuel pump
fix fuel gauge sender
fix dash lights
mount doors
plug the big ass hole I cut in the floor for the shifters
pack all of my tools and spares
Should be done by next Blazer Bash :roll:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still need to mod the pump for more flow. Load the camper up with food and clothes. Load up tools and spare parts. I've about got everything else. done. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
781 Posts
looks good, how does the tow rig pull the blazer with the camper? I'm going to have to buy a fullsize pickup soon, and was thinking about a similar set up.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm staying at the SlickRock campround with the rest of our group. There's another one south of town that I prefer but I went with the crowd this time.

It pulles it OK I guess. It slowed down to around 40 mph over FishCreek pass last camping trip. That was completely loaded up with camper, Blazer and stuff for a week of camping and four people. What kills me is bad gearing. It has 3.73 gears and I really need a 4.11 gear. What helps is the NV4500 and the 454. I also cant recommend the dually rear enough in this situation. With the camper on the back and the Blazer, it really holds its place on the road. Its a real far cry from my Dodge.

My next truck will be a four door diesel of some flavor.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah I thought the dually part would be the best, just hate the thought of the economy of the 454 and heavy truck, since it would be my daily driver also :banghead:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
twistedjack said:
Now I am really feeling the pressure. I still haven't got the tranny leak fixed.(leaking so bad I can't drive it) other than that here is the list
Replace fuel pump DONE
fix fuel gauge sender DONE
fix dash lights DONE
mount doors DONE
plug the big ass hole I cut in the floor for the shifters
I am getting there tomorrow night is going to be a looooooooong one :banghead:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am about there! I need to load up the tools and spare parts.

Load up the camper with groceries and stuff like that.

Last night I finished Modding the pump and now the Hydro assist works real nice. I even wiped out the dash. :razz:

I also noticed that my front pinion was a little loose. Might have to look at that. :?

I also need to call and get insurance on it and find the stupid registration. :roll:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Well as long as I get the tranny leak fixed tonight everything thing else I can do either the morning we leave or after I get down there.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
twistedjack said:
twistedjack said:
Now I am really feeling the pressure. I still haven't got the tranny leak fixed.(leaking so bad I can't drive it)DONE
other than that here is the list
Replace fuel pump DONE
fix fuel gauge sender DONE
fix dash lights DONE
mount doors DONE
plug the big ass hole I cut in the floor for the shifters DONE
Well about all I have to do is pack some clothes and the tools
maybe give it a quick bath. See you in Moab Matt :thumb:
BTW what time are you heading out??????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts