Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder to everyone that superdave is organizing a joint club event at the Reservoir in Mountain Home for July 16. I believe the meeting time is 10:00 am at the Pilot Truck Stop at exit 95 on I84. You can see the res from the Interstate. Make sure you bring shade if you have it, and lots of waters. Also, if you plan on running the rocks, spare parts would probably be a plus (hubs, etc.). Also, bring with you floor dry or oil soak up mats if you have them just in case you happen to spring a leak. The rocks there are kinda pointy and tend to move around.:drive:

Dave may have some more info on this, if you have any questions shoot him a pm.:thumb:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had an absolute blast today! It was alot of fun breaking the Jeep again, especially since now the next work on it will be to replace the axles. I made it about 3/4 of the way through one line, and when I was almost out, SNAP! So I used my new Costco winch, pulled myself out, and parked it for later. Kevin took some awesome lines which left his rock rails, tie rod, diffs, and frame taking on some rock rash. The worst for him was destroying the fuel tank and causing a leak that Superdave quickly attended to. Good job Dave :thumb: .

So since I broke the Jeep, I went home and brought back the Blaze. :idea: I let my mom's friend drive it through some short lines in the rocks, and ended up pretzeln' the front drive shaft and tie rod. Also sat the tcase skid hard on a big rock and had to be winched off because the rear axle was airborne and the front was one wheel peeling. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Larry also attempted the rocks on a line he had done a couple of months ago, and about 10 feet in, he rolled a rock into his tie rod and radiator :darn: . So that pretty much ended his day.

Then, for the stuck of the day......Suuuuuuuperdave! He managed to pop a hub, then an axleshaft which left to get winched out. But it didn't take just one of my winches, it took both of them. The Cherokee was used to slide him sideways, while the Blaze was used to recover him. Kudos Dave on some nice drivingin two wheel drive on the way out.

All in all, is was a great day. We had a large crowd, a lot of fun and heat, and no injuries (except for sunburns like mine :( ).

Hopefully pics will be up soon!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
a kirkland signature winch huh? I bet thats even a bigger pile o-doo doo than the t-max :flipoff:

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'll be the first to post up pics. (had the camera phone out till a real one showed up).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
yeah I managed to screw up another axleshaft and completely demolish a hub, it was a good day. Thanks to chris and josh for winching me out and all those who brought the sunshades out or we would really have been roasting. When I left it was 104

Those rocks ain't no joke. I think that if someone had a competition rock buggy in the local area and was to come out to drive the rocks he'd have a hard time and might even get stuck (hint hint).

edit: chris, if you want any of the mangled hub parts to make awards for the next ttc let me know, you can have them.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
thedave said:
Those rocks ain't no joke. I think that if someone had a competition rock buggy in the local area and was to come out to drive the rocks he'd have a hard time and might even get stuck (hint hint).
Either that or they would get really really good and when they went to competitions they'd spank the competition.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry I missed the Rez Rocks. Was coming back down from our Club's Landmark camping run. Sounds like a place we need to get too when it cools a little.

Looking for more pics!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
thedave said:
yeah I managed to screw up another axleshaft and completely demolish a hub, it was a good day. Thanks to chris and josh for winching me out and all those who brought the sunshades out or we would really have been roasting. When I left it was 104

edit: chris, if you want any of the mangled hub parts to make awards for the next ttc let me know, you can have them.
Dave, i have taken a look at those rocks before....

I dont know about getting stuck, but a good time would be had :D

Sorry we couldnt make it out...We are still putting the buggy back together after this weeks tear down to get ready for Goldendale on thursday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts