Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to Mackay for the weekend. Everybody is welcome. We will be leaving Friday the 27th and returning the 30th. Should be fun. Check out SRO's web site for times or pm me. Thanks, Jarrod

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Traditions, traditions. That will be awesome. Mackay is a great place. I will try to make Monday.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
we are going to go up on friday. So far the plan is earlier, so we'll have to work something out Jarod and figure a time. I have a couple friends that want to come up on monday so if anyone is going mon. morning let me know so I can figure something out for them to just meat you guys and go up w/ you. Also some good directions to the camp site would be good in case someone wants to come up like sunday night or so.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok this is the plan, Kim and our little group are planning on leaving Friday the 27th at 1:00pm. If you would like to join us, you can meet at my house before then. If you don't know were I live email, pm or call me 520-7978 cel or home 557-0355. My wife has to work until noon or I would leave earlier. I am heading up to Mackay tommorrow to find a good place to camp. My inlaws are going so I have to find a place they can get their trailer to. If you have any question call me.

Jarrod

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I went to Mackay Sunday to kinda do a pre-run. There is to much snow, so we decided to go up around Salmon instead. I talked to a guy that lives up that way and he is willing to show us around.It should be alot of fun. Sorry for the change of plans. We will still be leaving at the same times and places. PM me if you need more info about the run.

Jarrod

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Salmon is a great place. It will be fun, but it is a little further than I want to go for one day. Have a great time!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not to hijack this thread or anything,BUT............. whistle

What ever happened to little Moab? I heard rumor that some people in the club were going there for memorial day. Sorry I missed the meeting for details, it is ahrd to make it from Boise in time.

170 mile to Salmon, little Moab isn't much further.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
The club decided that it was going to be to crowded in Utah that weekend, and with a late start on Friday, a camp site may not have been available. The discusion also included the price of gas for going "that" far? I think the crowds more or less scared everyone off, and I am sure the price of fuel had something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Don't know, I have never been there. From what I here some good trails, along with nice camping, cold beverages, and some good company, what more do you need? I here Jarod (73bronco) is headed up there this weekend to scout out a camp site and maybe pre-run a few trails. He told me the trails can get good. Two lockers or the cable. Anyone else can chime in here and sell him the package deal!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cold beverages.....Good company.......Sound alright to me!!!!!

I was kind of hoping to hear about what kind of trails are up there, but I guess it doesn't really matter as long as you are out running something. More information about the trails wouldn't hurt though.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Salmon offers wildlife, scenic beauty and depending on what trails they run it can be really tough. Jarrod could let you know where they will be wheeling, but I have seen great areas. The continental divide is up there and it is awe inspiring. The wheeling is great too.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I saw Dan on saturday and he said the plan was to camp at a site right on the hiway just outside of Tendoy, McCormick or something like that. He said everyone that's leaving early is going up around noon or one. I told him that we might leave that morning since I have the whole day off and wanted to do some fishing on the way :thumb:

Oh ya...if anyone has an old 33 or 35 they want to throw away I still need a spare for the trip, Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts