Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Memorial Day Weekend sand run.

5K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  post 
#1 ·
We just got back from the sand a few hours ago. I got a few pictures and Chris and Alicia got some video footage that I'm going to try to put on a DVD this week.

I had a blast out there and want to give a big thanks to our hosts for showing us around the dunes. I ended up breaking my transfer case on Sunday morning, but Chuck and Sherri were kind enough to let me ride one of their ATVs (thanks again, I really appreciate you letting me use it for the day).

I sorted through the pictures and picked out a few of the better ones. Most of them are of my Cherokee, but it was my camera so :p. Here they are.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Sky Vehicle Slope Terrain Mountain

Tire Sky Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel

Sky Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#4 ·
A couple of pics of my busted t-case and some pictures from Choke Cherry Hill. The picture of the buggy doing a wheelie was bad-ass. He started wheelieing about half way up the hill then he turned it around with his cutting brakes while still riding the wheelie. Pictures don't do it justice, but this hill is super steep.

Wood Door Gas Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Off-road racing

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle Sports equipment Wheel

#7 ·
I had a blast at the sand. Big thanks to everyone that showed us around. I think I toasted the front shocks on the Jeep, but hey, it was fun! The cherokee is so soft that it made driving out there feel really funny.

Everyone had a blast and we did some wrenching on rigs throughout the weekend to keep running them. I had to put a shock on the rear. John had to fix his ignition cap and rotor, thermostat, and rear tcase seal. Jason had to tune on propane setup to get up working. Josh had to replace his coil and ignition module.

Both mine and Josh's rigs were on the trailer Sunday night broken.. I blew a radiator side tank on the way back on Sunday afternoon.

And I was having a blast in the cherokee, I wasn't pushing it too hard.. I noticed the 4.3 really likes the 5000 rpm mark though!

#8 ·
Despite the breakage, it looks like you all had a blast. :thumb:

Speaking of radiators Chris, I plan to pull out the one you loaned me for the last race today. I should have it back to you at the next race. Are you going to Richfield?

#11 ·
I had a blast dispite showing up at 5:15 saturday morning and only getting 1 1/2 hours of sleep that night. Great weather except the small wind and rain on sunday. I think I made it the whole weekend without breaking anything. Oh and Motorhomes don't wheel so well in the sand:rotfl:

#13 ·
I had a blast dispite showing up at 5:15 saturday morning and only getting 1 1/2 hours of sleep that night. Great weather except the small wind and rain on sunday. I think I made it the whole weekend without breaking anything. Oh and Motorhomes don't wheel so well in the sand:rotfl:

To bad someone didn't get a picture of your buggy pulling a 38 foot motorhome with a 40 foot trailer attached out of the sand! Pretty impressive!!:shocked:

#17 ·
What caused the T Case to break?

#20 ·
I think it was caused by the driveshaft bottoming out, but I'm not sure. It was sounding pretty bad before it decided to come apart so there's no telling what was going on inside.
Yeah, the driveshaft bottomed out alright. That is after deforming the front springs on impact and smacking the exhaust with the front diff yoke!

Crazy carnage!

#22 ·
Here is the best shot of Kevin pulling the Motor Home and trailer that I have. Also a few miscellaneous. I also want to thank Jason and everybody involved for their hospitality. It was a great time and can't wait to do it again.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.