Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meeting tonight Godfathers pizza in Idaho Falls, meeting starts at 7. There is an all you can eat pizza buffet so come hungry. This is the meeting where we vote on the new officers. If you want your vote heard you better come.

We are having our 7th(?) annual hangover run on Jan 1. We will be meeting at 8 am at Steve Egans shop, thats CBI Off Road. Please be there at 8 am we will be doing saftey inspections. MAKE SURE YOUR CBS ARE IN AND WORKING. We can get spread out on snow runs and it makes it better for everyone if we can all communicate. Also make sure you are prepared for very cold weather. One sleeping bag per person in your rig and real winter boots. We rarely have trouble on snow runs but when we do it usually requires quite a bit of work from everyone.

If you need a place and some tools to install your CB come over to my house. I will be working on my rig all weekend and will have a bay open

·
Registered
170 Posts
Couldn't make the meeting, hope it went well. How long do we plan on being out for the snow run?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ok, here are the new officers for 2007;
President-Lavelle S.
V.P. Scott J.
Secretary-Becca W.
Treasurer-Dan B.
Safety Officer-Frank D.
Land Use- Jason G.

Congrats to the new Officers. Looking forward to the new year.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have been really sick the last couple of days, and my head hasn't been working to good either. I was pretty bumbed thinking I wouln't be able to make it to the run on saturday. But I realiized my error and am very sure I will be seiing ya'll on MONDAY. I was planning on going up through tex creek and try to reach the top of skyline ridge.You can get to Caribou mnt. that way but is very unlikely we will get that far. I am hoping we can get to the point that you drop into fall creek and go out that way, and stop at the falls. Anyone that has not seen fall creek falls, it is really beutifull, and hopefully has a bumch of ice on it. adding to the senery. with out any serious problems it should only take 3-4 hours, that also depends on the conditions and how far we want and can go.

Does anyone have an extra C.B. they would like to sell? mine has gone kapoop.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Travis I have a handheld you can borrow, it needs a cigarette lighter, thats if I can get mine wired up, if I can't you can probably borrow my cb and I can use the handheld

·
Registered
891 Posts
Thanks Eric, I may take you up on that. If noone has one they want to sell I may just go to the truck stop and buy a new one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have a cb i'll give you a screamin deal on. it's just kickin it in my garage seeing as I dont have a 4x4 anymore.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So, is anything going to be done to make sure that everyone has a hangover for the hangover run? :beer: Or is everone on there own for that?

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, is anything going to be done to make sure that everyone has a hangover for the hangover run? :beer: Or is everone on there own for that?
Come help me tonight and I will buy you enough, what is it Jeagermeister, to make sure you have a big enough hangover for everyone.

Of course no drinking till my blazer is ready so you may have to drink alot really quick:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I won't be able to make it for 2 reasons.

1. Fuel injection swap not done. (Just need to get the fuel pump switched and all the wiring.:darn:)
2. Due to #1 I have spent little time with my family.

I am taking Monday off from wrenching to do some family stuff then am hoping to finish the head swap before Thursday when my last semester of school starts and I have even less time.

My little brother, Scott, may come. I told him he'd be welcome. He has a 94 YJ with 33's.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don't know if anyone will see this tonight, but I called the bonn. county sheriff's and they told me that almost all of the roads up there are closed except to snow mobiles. the ones that aren't are fish and game and are mostly off limits for wintering game protection. Unless anyone else has a better idea I think we will go out on the desert to another cave near17 mile but less known about. If anyone gets this tonight bring a flashlight, and some good ideas.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well that sucks I am still working on my blazer and I want to find some snow. I think we can figure somewhere out to go where we can find some deep stuff. Hopefully

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sorry Eric, I didn't read the post until this morning. I could have come and tried to help, instead I sat home and did absolutely nothing. Well, I watched Everest.

I didn't get my truck ready to go because I didn't figure we would find any deep snow either. Hopefully we will get some good snow so we can go on a good snow run soon.

Buy the way, do you still have access to that car the 302 came out of? I thing I need a couple of the sensors off of the firewall.

·
Registered
891 Posts
well we did find some snow, we went up throught meadow creek and dropped into antelope creek. nothing to serious though. then we crossed the highway and dropped down into the river area. We seen alot of deer and moose, and I hope all had fun. I was a idiot and didn't take a camera, but I hope some peaple got some pics. I know that Jared got some good video shots.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Man, I need to get my stuff fixed. I realy need to go on a snow run. :darn:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 18 of 18 Posts