Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to build a fence for the BLM to block off a sensitive area near Moonlight Mine. They are supplying the fence work and everything we need. We are meeting Wednesday the 20th at 6 pm at the Jack and the Box off of the Pocatello Creek Exit in Pocatello. This should be fairely easy to do and will be kind of fun.

Looking into running the Pioneer Days Parade here in Pocatello. We believe its the 23rd. We should have at least 5 rigs to run in it. Failing that, we will be attending the car show that same day out in Chubbuck. Hopefully we can do that parade as that is free and will get us better exposure.

We are getting a banner made up for Parades and Car shows to help promote the club.

We are tentively planning on running the Lake Channel out in American Falls the first weekend of next month. This will be a sand and rock deal. This will also be a trail hunt. Should be a good time. We might see if we can also make it a Barbeque thing. We will talk about it more the next meeting.

Moab! Its getting close. It will be the subject of the next meeting and might even invlolve a special get together before we go to hammer out last minute details ans stuff.

Our club is growing and a couble of guys from Edge Offroad showed up to the meeting, so we will suck them in too. :mrgreen: I would like us to come up with some type of initiation passage that is fun and not illegal or destuctive in any way. Maybe have to take off one of the tires off of thier rig and roll it three blocks downtown through the Bar area on a Friday night through the partiers or something. We'll have to toss some ideas around.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
50 Posts
just wanted to say thanks agian for all your hospitality you guys are cool and we hope to become members soon thanks

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it was good to put some faces to the screen names. 8)

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I like the tire idea but I think they should take two tires if they are 35s or under and one if over that size and definately do it on Friday I will be in poky almost every Friday here coming up. :firedevi: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Newbie needs a ride!

I'd like to help with the fence building on Wednesday. However, my rig is in the garage, and I'll need a ride up to and back from the site. Any takers?

Now, if by some miracle I do get my rig on the road, I need to know if you will allow me to follow you on the trail, as some clubs have safety requirements before they let any rig on a "run". Here's the rundown on what I have:

1985 Toy 4Runner
-Stock 22RE/5spd.
-3" All Pro Front springs and 1 inch shackle lift
-5" chevy rear lift
-33" mud tires w/good treadwear left, recently balanced.
-front and rear toyota TRD electric lockers.
-AllPro Hy-Steer rods w/billet Marlin crawler steering arms.
-a high lift jack
-tow rope

What I think I will be missing:
-rear tow points: still working to replace cheezy body-mounted rear bumper
-front tow points: same problem as rear tow points
-no decent lift points front, rear, or sides for high lift jack.

If you want a second opinion of my vehicle, ask a club member of yours: Eric (don't know his last name). He drives an early 90's camo Toyota pickup with 3.0V6, tube dors, water-filled 38's and lives on 10th Ave in Pocatello. He and I had a chat in the Chubbuck Wal-Mart parking lot just after I first got the lift on my 4Runner about two months ago. He told me about your club, and I found the BBS through a google search.

On the plus side:
I have driven into and through Moonlight mine several times, and believe I know the spring the club is going to help fence off. Good idea: protect natural resources for future, responsible 4x4 use. Great way to build a relationship with those with the power to say "NO!". And, no, I never drove through the spring - I followed the trail around it.

Also, this time of year the ground is dry, so getting stuck in mud/snow shouldn't be a risk.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are more then welcome to show up! 8)

I am using my dead stock Bronco for this run so I'm sure your rig will be fine. Our concerns are more in the area that the vehicle is in such a bad state that it becomes a chore just to get it back home. Yours does not seem to fall any where near that area. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts