Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's the deal, I'm building a 406 small block chevy to enentually put in a 37 ford, what shops in the area are good ones, and like building the 400, I know about anyone will "do" it, but some are fans of the 400, and will do a good job building one, others are not.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I dont' know if he is still doing it or not but see if you can get a hold of speedway machine in Pocatello.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Persion Machine in Chuback build motors for all the drag racer and been doing it for about 25 years. They are the best. Get ahold of Kevin or Paul.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If you want to come north give either Brian or Buzz at Eckman Machine a call. They also do great work. Phone number is 356-4724

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you want to come north give either Brian or Buzz at Eckman Machine a call. They also do great work. Phone number is 356-4724

x2 on these guys, Buzz really knows what he is doing when it comes to small block chevies. :thumb: They do all the machine work for my dads shop in Newdale.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I have been using Pat Bratton at Moffitt & Bratton (338-1224) for many, many years. He has built two 383's, one 454 and one 540 for me and all have been excellent. He knows what he is doing and will work around your needs and budget. He too has been building race engines for the drag race crowd. M&B started building drag race engines for the So. Cal drag race crowd before moving to Boise around 20+ years ago. He also does a lot of engines for the Meridian "roundy-round" track guys. Worth a call.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Persion Machine in Chuback build motors for all the drag racer and been doing it for about 25 years. They are the best. Get ahold of Kevin or Paul.

They did the machine work for me and my brother in law and I put it together and it is still going great. have at least 50k hard lead foot miles on it too. They are just two older guys that want to do a good job. And thats Precision Machine:thumb:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts