Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of clubless and willing persons with rigs will be at the dans ferry or the cattle guard just past carlos's house at or around 10:00am call me so I can coordinate for the few that dont know where to go Jim 871-2220 I will be up like at 7:00am so feel free to call .....the more the merrier so far there are atleast 5 rigs going .......bty the quad racer dudes will be out there for some chili feed and riding sponsored by some dealership.....all i have to say is free food...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey, Rodzilla - I don't understand why there are "clubless" people out there! There are three great clubs in the Boise area I know of. You obviously know about some clubs since you used their boards to publish your run.

Hope you and your friends had fun using the trails responsibly!

Ken

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes responsible....all the clubs I know of require of so many runs and meetings to then be voted in I am not always available to so at a whim so therefore I remain clubless

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Some 4x4 related business owners choose to remain clubless so as not to show any favoritism. Usually, they support the clubs in many other ways, i.e. donations, etc.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Blue-J said:
Hey, Rodzilla - I don't understand why there are "clubless" people out there! There are three great clubs in the Boise area I know of. You obviously know about some clubs since you used their boards to publish your run.

Hope you and your friends had fun using the trails responsibly!

Ken
I personally understand why some people remain "clubless". I have participated as a non club member in three club sanctioned events as well as attended a club meeting. I was left with the impression that it was a very closed clique that was not interested in new members nor any outside involement I have however been invited to join one of the other growing and community minded clubs that seem to actually want to promote the sport and its virtues with an open mind, I highly recommend all 4 wheelers to continue to research what the clubs have to offer and align themselves with an organization they are comfortable with, If not we will be shut out of the recreational areas if for no other reason than failure to prove adequate #'s of users, and these #'s are supplied by clubs. Just my .02 worth

·
Registered
545 Posts
Due to an odd schedule I also have to remain clubless right now. I have nothing against clubs at all, and if I ever get a job that opens up my saturday's I will doubtless join one. Until then I just try to go when and where I can, ideally with a group, but I'll go solo too. After all there is nothing wrong with a good hike after breaking something :thumb:

Just hit Lost Trail today, and the trail looked good. No trash, no damage. I had a blast even though I couldn't hit all the obstacles I wanted too, Going solo does limit the fun a little. I was able to clear both waterfalls with almost no problems, I could say no problems if I would have been in 4L instead of 2L on the first one :darn: .

No action pics, just a couple after I made the second waterfall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I like the club atmosphere and the reliability and accountability that it affords a member. I absolutely realize that it is not for everyone, but agree with Chucks mentality of searching for the best fit, and character match. I, unlike Joe, will not go solo. Never. There are waaay too many variables and I like to wheel hard, so that makes the playing field even tougher. It is the unexpected events that ALWAYS get me into trouble. I like very much that I can rely on my club members to save my bacon, and it always helps to have witnesses for bragging rights :flipoff: I cannot tell you how thankful I am for the club that I have aligned myself with. Great folks, glad that they are always there for me. Good discussion, glad that it was brought up. I probably have a couple other thoughts, but I have been long winded already.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like club runs and I have gone on many with HDO when I was a samurai guy. I like the structure and fact that they require tow hooks, first aid kit, and a basic inspection, as well as no drinking, I know when I go with these guys I can trust my spotters and if I get hung up Muddin Mike has a Big winch on that huge bronco. to me it's a safety net, I have had conflict in the past with certain persons and at this point I dont know where I stand with any one club.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
rodzillax3 said:
I like club runs and I have gone on many with HDO when I was a samurai guy. I like the structure and fact that they require tow hooks, first aid kit, and a basic inspection, as well as no drinking, I know when I go with these guys I can trust my spotters and if I get hung up Muddin Mike has a Big winch on that huge bronco. to me it's a safety net, I have had conflict in the past with certain persons and at this point I dont know where I stand with any one club.
Or I can can just drag you over stuff with a tow strap while your laying on your side like last time :deal:

I dunno about prior conflicts with any persons in our club so head on over to our meeting tommorow night, I'll be your sponsor :thumb: Our bylaws aren't wrote in stone they are more of a guideline. If your interested in gettin toghter with us please show up. I bet if you express intrest in our club you can be a member one way or another.

Mike

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just now read your post and I bet that the meeting is over or almost there... when is the next meeting?
I am swapping 63" chevy leafs under the rear of my toyota :p

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope the swap was worth it....PITA

I like your rig ....alot
maybe we could meet sometime so I could check it out..
BTY whats a good spring for the front???
My marlin cases are coming I am not too excited about having the drivelines redone or cutting a hole in the floor..

oops I hijacked m y own thread!!!:flipoff:

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
I am using 6"lift 73-87 chevy leafs up front, under the weight of a V8, but I dont know how they will flex yet, I thought about using 52" chevy rear springs in the front, but i would have to extended my frame a few inches.

·
Registered
60 Posts
rodzillax3 said:
I hope the swap was worth it....PITA

I like your rig ....alot
maybe we could meet sometime so I could check it out..
BTY whats a good spring for the front???
My marlin cases are coming I am not too excited about having the drivelines redone or cutting a hole in the floor..

oops I hijacked m y own thread!!!:flipoff:
Just got my d-lines done at drive line services in Boise for $180 out the door. They even straitened my bent rear. LOL:beer:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my zuk D-lines cost me about 2.5 times that much a Driveline services by oxarc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts