3 Chevy's
1 Isuzu
1 Nissan
1 Sammi
3 Yotas
3 Fords
1 Dodge
1 Arctic Cat

The day started off real nice, everybody showed early, and we hit the road early. I can't remember the last time that happened!!! As we crested the hill at the parking area, the other rigs from the north meeting spot were just turning in there, talk about damn good timing!

After a short trail meeting, we headed out towards 2HD, and Jason's Ford pulled the front driveline loose and damaged the trans, he was back on the trailer before he even lost sight of his trailer.....gotta give him a little credit though, he bought the Ford from me on friday night, and scrounged up all the parts for the lift and showed up with the boggers on........just forgot to see if the front driveline was long enough..... :roll:

A few of us tried 2HD, I ended up with a "massaged" front bumper, and Larry caught some air, but for now, 2HD was still untamed for us......we'll see at the end of the summer.... :banghead:

We headed out towards all the other obstacles, had some fun playing around, and finally got my truck around a part of the trail that has whooped me twice before..... this time I made it through, not without the second carnage of the day.....got some rock rash on my rear bumper, broke out my tail light lens, and took some body damage to the right rear ( not that it really stands out!! :thumb: )

Then on to the crack we went........we stopped to have lunch, made our club tradtional hamburgers cooked by the fire, chatted, drank some sodas, and BS'd for a little while......
Most every one tried "the crack" , but only a few of us tried a little bit harder line, and no, no one tried it that far up Nate!!! It is pretty deep right there, and none of us were set up well enough to try it.........YET!!!

Then on to the first waterfall climb. Most all the stockers were real intimidated by this, but fortunately this obstacle is way easier than it looks, as long as you take the left line. Some of us took the right, some left, but what was really impressive was Olaf in the FJ60 climbing the right lane in 2WD (he didn't realize it, and he's got a 5.7 TBI and ARB's, so that helped) better than some of us made it in 4wd........what a jerk :finger: :finger:

We headed towards the second waterfall, but only 5 of us tried it. I made it with no problems first, then Olaf, and then LUNATIC LARRY...He managed to get all four tires off the ground before he finally made it up, which led to the next carnage.....He ripped off the front spring perches and twisted the axle up, bent the drag link and damaged the front driveline. Lucky for him I always carry lots of fix-it junk in my truck and we got him back rolling again. Bill's lil flattie made it up after "snake dancing" on the hill for a while. That flathead four in it just wheels like crazy...He's even still running the one piece "c" shackles :mrgreen: and last but not least, the little sammi gave it a valiant effort, but headed back out for the bypass.

And after that was the whoops all the way to the end of the trail..... Quite a few people are ready to start modifying to make all the harder obstacles now, and those of us that took the hard lines are looking to modify to get the harder runs like 2HD and Carnage, all in all, it was a damn good trip!!

Now for a couple pics......loading them on dial up sucks... :banghead: :banghead:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Attachments

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
gripguru said:
Did anyone happen to try this line??? :finger:
Been there,done that,NEEEEEEEEEEEXT :finger:

·
Registered
530 Posts
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHA Lump your soooooo silly :finger:
and yes your absoooooooooooofreakin correct,dial up SUCKS ASS,but pics are sweeeeet,looks like I missed out on a good ride doah
being a working man again is for the birds,I need to go back on vacation :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There was a lot more than bruneau, and the majority were club members which was way cool. I would have liked to have had less, cause I was leading it and didn't really know for sure the way. But it all worked out and we made it just fine. And as far as the crack goes, I'd would have tried it higher, but I was first and with a lot of stock rigs, and with no traction aids in the axles, I am pretty sure it would have been stuck there, but I didn't want to take too much time and get stuck, since we had a big crew and some of them were on time schedules.........<<<<<<(what a f'n cop out, EH?? <<<have you been drinkin some Molson beer or what Nate,EH???) :finger: :rotfl:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts