Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I would like to thank all the members and guests that attended this run!! It is really great that so many members made it out, keep up the enthusiasm!

Well, for me the day started off way too early, as usual, I was pulling an all night wrench fest. As of Friday night I still had to rebuild my trans, build my twin stick linkage, cut my fenders and front bumper, finish building my rear bumper. Got it all done with only about three hours of sleep. A big thanks to Greg and Vic for giving me a helping hand!

Chris, James, and I showed up early so we could prerun 2HD. James' jeep made several valiant attempts, but carb and starter issues ended up making him back out. I tried it with the Blaze, got a lot closer this time, but the likelyhood of drivers side body damage stopped me. I am trying not to tear this rig up like my truck.... :rotfl: :rotfl: We backed out of the trail and waited at the entrance for the rest of the club to show up.

We waited about 5 minutes when we heard the roar of engines and soon the first of the trucks popped over the horizon. I couldn't believe my eyes to see so many rigs, I really thought we would have a small turn out. We ended up with 17 rigs!! After a quick BS break, we watched three Samurai's tackle 2HD and make it up. Kurt, you really need to do some mods to your little Sammi!!! The rest of the group headed onward. It was then that I got the call that the Trooper was hung up at the entrance to 2HD, so I swung back aroung to go and winch him. Upon return I was informed of the first casualty, an electric fan that came loose and damaged the motor. The driver turned around and headed home, not wanting to tackle the trail with no cooling. We ended up slowly making our way to the crack (mostly due to some miscommunication with some guests). The next casualty was a f250 pickup that pulled apart the drag link on the way down the steep hill to the crack. At that point our two trail welders went into action to repair the f250, great job guys!! Unfortunately, the damaged steering components caused the front left ujoint to break, leaving it with only two wheel drive. With trail repairs done, we headed up the first waterfall. That is where things really got interesting. The f250 ended losing the transmission at the top of the climb, so I had to back up the Blaze, hook up the strap, and tow him up. I ended up towing him all the way out back to Reynolds creek road. HOLY CRAP was that a PITA. I had to keep up my speeds and to pull him through the rocky sections to the second waterfall, and I caught air a couple times. Hard to see the rocks when it's pitch black. I kept hearing everyone talk about the hill climb on the bypass to the second waterfall, but I have never seen it before, I have always went up the water fall. I pulled up, stopped, and we talked about winching the f250 up it. And that's when I said screw it, I got a run at it and hammered down. Much to the surpise of myself and the rest of the club, I was able to claw my way up with the f250 in tow. After a victory dance and some praise, we finally made it through everything.

I have to say that it is a whole different trail at night with a f250 in tow! We ended up at back at the trail head around 2 am, loaded up, and hit the road! Once again another great run for this club :thumb:

I didn't get too many good pics, so I hope some other club members did, and can post them up!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was hoping to join you and make it 18 rigs. But it was so dang hot out there all day, I was pooped by 3 o'clock :banghead: So rather than cook waiting, I filled up with air at Carlos's and headed home. Sounds like you had a good time :thumb:

Talk to Kevin (twistedjack).... he had to pull a truck outta there and it was no fun. He did a good job of it, but it ruined his new set of Swampers. It sucks you got stuck with that.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish you could have made it out!! It sounds crazy, but I didn't overheat, didn't break anything, never really had any problems towing it. It was rough, but appears to be no damage other than a dent in the driver's door, no idea how that happened, maybe there's a tough sagebrush still standing somewhere??? The f250 had an all steel flatbed, big steel bumpers, tool boxes, etc. so it was pretty heavy. I was truly impressed that I didn't snap an axle shaft or ujoint, even after spinning all four tires and hopping around with my foot in it trying to get the ford up the steep hill. If only somebody had some video.......

A few of the pics I have of the run:

This is Rob's damage from this run, I usually give him grief about it, but this sucked for him. Those that know this bronco know how clean it is, and how much time he has into making it a nice rig.

WTF is Greg doing??? Busting out some new dance moves on the trail?? or jumping over the winch rope??? You choose!!! LOL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
164 Posts
DOESN'T EXACTLY LOOK LIKE A 733 DOLLAR BO BO DOES IT? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It was fun even though it was pretty late. I think I'm still in sleep recovery mode. It didn't help that I had 1.5 hours the night before. That trail is completely different at night. I'm not accustom to wheeling with so many rigs in a group. The last time I ran that trail I did it in less than 3 hours but it was daylight and we had 5 rigs. I can only imagine what time we would have gotten off the trail if we wouldn't have bypassed much of it at the end. The moon was really just about perfect. It could have been a bit cooler. When I pulled into my drive at 3AM I still had the AC cranked.

I cannot believe Chris dragged that Ford up that hill. I'm still kicking myself I didn't get it on video. I was expecting time for them to set up the winch fest. But that isn't what happened.

My disappointment was only that I didn't get to see a lot of the rigs on the trail. With that many rigs there is a huge gap between the front and the end.

Hopefully I'll get out on the trail with you guys again soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts