Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to SuperDave today and he found out that BLM didn't close our trails. HDO contacted the BLM and they said we can still wheel on our trails.

So, I was thinking of getting a group together this Sunday. Meet at Dan's Ferry Service at 9 am and do Lost Trail, skip 2HD, and try out Carnage Canyon. I've never been there and Dave says it's challenging like 2HD, just not vertical. Dave said he'll probably ride with me since his truck is in pieces.

Anybody interested?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
How about doing a campout??? Sunday afternoon run, campout, come back Mon??
Wheeling without camping is like peanut butter without jelly.

I'm still waiting on parts for the Jeep though, so I'd need to find someone to ride with.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
What your going wheeling on the opening of Dove season. Ya'll are crazy.

·
ITTC Wench!
1,419 Posts
Count us in! - Hey Nate, we might have an extra seat if you DARE TO RIDE IN THE RUBICON! :eek: We are trying to find a babysitter or if my sister goes, have the kids ride with her.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Maybe it' s just me, but I haven't seen many doves out there. (Though then again maybe that's because I don't bother to look for 'em much either?) I'm picky, I think quail is a tastier bird, with a lower fat content. Wish they would let us hunt the bi-zillion of them that are living on base; I know it's a safety issue, but wrist rocket slingshots would do a fine job short range.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Does this pull my posession of my man card if I point that Doves and QUail mate for life, and killing them would create a widower/widowee?

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
yeah but dont ducks and geese do the same as well?

that just means I have to shoot all of them outta my tree to be fair to them all?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Never ate dove or quail. Seems like an awful small bird??.. guess you could cook like 10 of them in a stew or something?

Guy painting my house was talking about eating squirrels and wanting to run nooses around my house to catch them... he seemed read interested in Hank, my dog, too.... hmmmm :confused:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Never ate dove or quail. Seems like an awful small bird??.. guess you could cook like 10 of them in a stew or something?

Guy painting my house was talking about eating squirrels and wanting to run nooses around my house to catch them... he seemed read interested in Hank, my dog, too.... hmmmm :confused:
:rotfl::rotfl: There's a guy I work with that is always talking about eating squirrel, but he is from West Virginia.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
The kidses Dad eats every kind of rodent you can think of, salivates when he see's fresh roadkill.

No Shit.

What was the wifeypoo thinking when she did that for 8 years, and even still why did she breed with that?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Good luck on your run, Ron. Sorry for the HiJack.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ron I'll see if I can make it out with you on Sunday. We will have to see how Friday and Saturday go first. If folks are coming from MH it is silly to meet at Dan's Ferry to do Lost Trail. It is better just to meet at the parking area at the start of the trail. The last time I ran LT I looped it so we didn't have to cross the dreaded broken cattle guard. It made for an interesting trip and didn't take that much longer to get out. After the last obstacle instead of turning right to go to the cattle guard turn left. Stay left. This will bring you back into the wash a right above the crack rock in the wash. You will go on a sidehill for a little ways and then you will be back on the trail you used to get down to the crack rock in the wash. Head straight down that trail and do not turn left from where you originally came out of. You'll cross a ravine or two and then you'll make a hard left right near the spring (lots of trees in the middle of the wash). From there you follow that wash down and you will come in by where the silly phony signs are. There are some rocks to play on in this wash. I have it GPS'd and mapped and you are welcome to come pick up a copy before you go, even Sat. would work. I'll try to go, but I can't promise anything at this point.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ron I'll see if I can make it out with you on Sunday.
Thanks, I hope you can make it. I feel stupid, I was thinking you were Dave(Littleman1990). Now I am just plain confused.

SuperDave is supposed to come along so we can do Carnage after Lost Trail. I mentioned meeting at Dan's Ferry so people can gas up and buy snacks. Also so we can meet up with any folks coming from Boise. Us MH folk can meet at the Grand View turnoff from Airbase Road at 8am. Sound okay to everybody?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Well if there's someone that has a empty pass. seat, let me know.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts