Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're get another run together for this coming saturday,the 4th of Dec.
Most of the folks on the run yesterday said theyre down like a clown ready to be redlining their shit til the valves float then side stepn the clutch,axle shaft twistin,smashed body panel getting,window shattering,u-joint droppin,tie rod pretzel'n,balls to the wall crawlin!!!!!!!!!!! or you can drive like you normaly do an come out an have a good time with us :finger:
The affore mentioned driving style listed 3 or 4 lines above is optional :thumb: :finger:

From yesterday before we parted ways.I had these souls..

Me
Nate "Heavy Hitter"
Brett "77 Fix'r"
Josh "Josh H"

So go ahead and POST UP so we can get a head count.SHould be a DOUBLY BITHCING good time if the snow sticks around :finger:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
How does this trail compare to C.C. as far as technical climbing goes. I'm just trying do decide if my clutch will survive another outing like it had yesterday. It didn't smell too good when I got it home last night.

Hopefully by the summer I will have a different transmission with a lower first gear (as long as they don't send me to the sandbox, but if they do that I will have lots of cash to blow on the Jeep). I found a site that has lots of useful information on several different transmissions and has information and adapters for swapping them into Jeeps. Novak Industries is the name of the company. I had heard of them before, but since I didn't have a Jeep I never looked at their site. They have a good database with information on several popular transmissions manual and auto. I also found out Tera Manufacturing a 3.15:1 gearset for Dana 20 transfer cases so I hope to do that in the future also.

Anyway, I digress. As long as the trail isn't too hard on clutches and I will be able to drive back to M.H. I will be up for it. If someone who has run the trail could give me some info on how it compares to C.C., as far as how hard it is on high geared rigs, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ON that clutchI would not try it. Last time through many said that THD makes CC looks like a walk in the park. Awsom run tho.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
What about lost trail? I can sit out two headed dragon. If lost trail isn't too bad I may just bring out the ZR2.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Time for me and my bucket to redeem itself. Got my driveline welded up today and Im good to go for Sat. Been wantin to hit this one for a while and I know of at least one waterfall on lost trail thats a 20 ft rock face and if anyone can make it without a winch then they are some kind of a friggin four wheeling god! Always wanted to try straddlin the crack too but after the winch fest yesterday to save my butt, Ill probly save it for spring.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might have picked a shitty time to tell Jody that he can drive this run,and I'll spot,camera man. :finger:
MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHA,I'll just have to blame it on the :beer: :beer: :finger:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Alrighty, got to lookin at my POS from the last run, gonna bust out the plasma cutter and say goodbye finally to that banged up rear bumper and the sheetmetal below the bed and behind the tire. Also, I scored an 8274 winch and bumper today for buying and installing an alternator, so the chrome grille guard and chrome bumper are going away for good (and probably some sheet metal up front too!) And my factory Tcase skid is going back on...... Now I just need to protect my front driveline and put my straightened out tie rod back on and I'll be set for this run!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hey lumpdog,

It took me an hour to get from base to Dan's ferry service, which is where we are meeting to go on the run I think. If you want I can meet you at the intersection of airbase rd and the grandview turnoff and you can follow me there. I'll probably driving my d.d. so if you want to look for a red S10.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
lost trail can be as difficult as you want it to be. The first time I ran it was in my ranger with no lift and 30's. There was only one spot that was a problem and that was only a problem because I wanted to keep my sheetmetal clean. I failed but that was jsut a clearance issue. There are bypasses around all of the rough stuff, your wheelbase might be a bit of a problem but not enough of one not to go.

However the last time we ran the trail it was mildly wet out and that drasticly changed the difficulty of some of the obstacles. I almost rolled on one of the waterfalls that I climbed easily before. I'm not sure what it will be like with snow but i'd expect it to remain challenging. I'll be out there with my bronco if it's done or my ranger again, we'll see.

Josh, I highly recomend doing some work on that carb, theres a bunch of off camber stuff and hillclimbs that really need a good running motor for.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Dave don't ya mean ya almost rolled like three times? :finger: It definately made it slicker with a little moisture. Lost trail has a lot of bypasses but it is still a 4x4 trail. I forgot how much brush and random rocky sections there were until I took a friend of my brother with his H2 on it. He made it without too much trouble taking most but not all of the bypasses. It kind of made me cringe as he took it through the brush and dinged up the skid plates though. The guy was a stud and I don't think he would have turned around for anything. I know Im not that ballsy. :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Almost forgot. Talked to a friend tonight that wants to come along too. He's rollin in a 1 ton wrangler with 40" irocs on hummer beadlocks. Its gonna be some good times. :thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:sleep: :sleep: 1tons and 40's are over rated.BAWHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
says the guy with one tons and 39's :finger:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BUAHWHAHAHAHA

Its getting about that time.See ya fellas come saturday morn!!
I'm still at a toss up,to either meet ya'll at the parking lot/trail head of Lost Trial since its only about 250 yards from my house,or rip down to Dan's..if I'm not there by 0930,you know I'll be at the trail head already or in the sand wash on my way to it..
:thumb: hell if you see my junk still by the house or up at the shop someone pull in and beat on the door til I wake up :finger:
[/i]

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi guys. I'm in. I got turned to this site by nate. Nice to see some local guys and a site that still posts pic's. I was real disapointed when the idaho 4x4 guys got whimpy with the pics. Thats just letting the tree huggers win.

I never been on either of those two so I'm lookin forward to it. :thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right awwwwwwwn brutha..See ya saturday morn :finger:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts