Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a lot more work to do. Cap the bed rail, install windsheild frame,swap the drivetrain and build the cage. Should have most of it done in a month.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sandman said:
I really like that idea. 8)
Well I know not original but it is 50" trim to trim in the front and 44" inside to inside on the rear

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is cool! :mrgreen: But aren't your neighbors pitching a fit??? :deal:

·
Registered
183 Posts
nice :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Mine avoid eye contact. :roll:

It may not be origianal but not very many people do it. 8)

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
397 Posts
how about

proably somthing to do with the 45 cars parked out front and the one is cut in half lol. . . not to mentiont the red neck blazer with shit tires on it... oh wait thats mine. . . :firedevi: :firedevi: :firedevi: :scared: hopefully with the 383 and the 5 inch lift and the new 38 super swampers it will not look so red neck. . . cant wait to see. . . :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
LOOOOKING TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFF boss!!!!!!!!!!!
I know your not thru,but man,chop them front fedners a bit..hahahahaha
AWESOME JOB :thumb: :beer:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looks pretty sweet Kev, :thumb: when can ya do my blazer? he he... :finger: Pretty funny bout the neighbors mentioned. My sister knows a couple people in your culdesac and they said "They're pretty good people but they always have trucks out there in front and they just stand there and stare at 'em. Must be a ******* thing..." :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
BLK79K5 said:
"They're pretty good people but they always have trucks out there in front and they just stand there and stare at 'em. Must be a ******* thing..."
Guilty as accused whistle

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Well I have been sweating my ass off this week. I finally got the sliders welded in, bed rails filled in and the 74' windsheild frame grafted in. While I was doing some cutting to fit the sliders I had a BIG surprize......... I was under the blazer cutting away and I hear a loud BANG long pause (I was thinking to myself what the *^%# was that) then another BANG short pause BANG BANG BANG (you get the idea) I roll out from under the blazer in a mad dash for the door as firecrackers, jumping jacks, and bottle rockets are exploding and wizzing by my head. As I am standing outside the garage door smoke completly filling the whole garage I realize that I had a bag of leftover fire works on the shelf :banghead:

Today I got started on the cage but I don't have any pics since the wife went to Salt Lake and took the camera. I think I will cut a little more on the fenders after I get to flex it out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Believe me, it is coming along GOOD :thumb:

I must say, very impressive first bends on the cage! He also cut the dash completely out. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Kevin, looking good :thumb: so, you ended up moving the front body mount rearward to help line everything up, or is that temporary? Still got to get my motor sitting in mine before I figure out how much room I have to play with. My progress is slooowwww since I'm recently engaged. And my fiance' even feels neglected with my working close to 60 hours a week. Im pretty much scraping all the mods I wanted to do to my rig to now just get it running and wheelin' Keep those pics coming!

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had to move the core support back after I put the poly bushings in since they don't give like the stock rubber mounts that I had it mocked up with.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts