Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run the 3/4 ton ford ttb front end with tires they shouldn't? Heres mine, Been runnin this setup now for 2 summers, only broke 1 axle (U-joint actually) so far, but no other probs. Anyones input? I mostly hear that I am apart of some kind of exception, but this is the second truck i've run with this front end without issue..... comments?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I really like your Ford! That bed is my style!:drive:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Other than leaf-springs, what is the real difference between the 1/2 and 3/4 ton TTBs? Cause I thought a D50 axle was a 44 R&P with bigger axleshafts..or am I backwards on that one???

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dana 50 housing is the same as dana 60 -- Carrier and ring, pinion size is between the D-44 and D-60 but uses 30 spline axles.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
ontherocks said:
Dana 50 housing is the same as dana 60 -- Carrier and ring, pinion size is between the D-44 and D-60 but uses 30 spline axles.....
Ooooooh...I see now, interesting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My F250 front differential is a D44, just larger axles. The D50 is larger than a 44 but smaller than a 60. They made a Heavy Duty F250 front end that had the D50 Diff but same axles. The actual D50 TBB front end came in the F350s from the eighties .... strong as a D60 suposedly, but hard to find parts for.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
So what do I have? D44, or D50?
88 f250, I think limited slip front and back, on the test drive I dropped the clutch in granny and 4low to see if the front end worked, and I got 4 ruts (?)
Can I go 37"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts