Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has anybody heard about the LoMax NP205 with a 3:1 reduction. The reason I was maybe thinking this route is that for Mud Racing a doubler would up class me out of MT.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I gave it some serious thought. Basically its the 3:1 gear set and a new case. You have to use the rest of you guts from your case but the new case is bolt in and almost the same dimensions. IIRC, its about $1,200 or so.

I decided not to as I use 2 high quite a bit and I would miss it. I still plan on going with a doubler.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
452 Posts
Why do you think the doubler would class you out of MT??

The rules we are using at PV and Kimberly don't care about transmission and axle mods? As long as its a factory style x-fer case I can't see any reason to up class your truck.

Mainly engine, suspension, tire and body mods.

Do you already have a doubler?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't sure. I have the Turbo 400 and 203 so far the doubler. I was just wondering everyones thoughts. Thanks for the input.

Which Doubler do you all like the one from ORD or the canadian guys.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
If you want to be the king of the bling get the 3:1 203 along with your "normal" 203/205 doubler. Then you get 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 and 6:1 gearing option's. That would be the shit. As far as which doubler mines still laying on the pool table lol

Attachments

1 - 8 of 9 Posts