Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lizard Gulch with the truck formally known as the TURD.

Dave was smiling ear to ear all afternoon. It was a beautiful afternoon. We went from the exit to the fence and back to the exit so we ran the full trail both directions. Then we stopped to help a Mennonite who had his 2wd Ford stuck down by the river. It was an easy unstuck. The tan 80 is Eric K's one of the newest members of WWOR.

Here are the photos I took.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CYtG7Fq2cMbS

It was hard getting photos because with just 3 rigs we moved very fast.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks for the pics Eric. I had a great time. The two barrel on the Ramcharger worked wonderful. It only died once. Did I say I had a great time? If not I had a great time. It's nice to not be the one taking the bypasses or at the end of the tow rope. It was sweet. Thanks to Eric, Dave, and Eric for going on the maiden voyage of the new and improved TURD with me.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh and we forgot the two casualties of the TURD on the trail.

Some bonehead took the bolts out of the hardtop and put quick release pins in the top. It quick released the top right off the first time it flexed hard on an incline.

Also the spare tire carrier sort of just fell off. Check out the welds!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
those welds are worse than what i do.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Glad you had fun Dave. I know what a differance it is to switch to a better vehicle.

You've got to do something about that paint job though. :lame:

What's wrong with the paint job? The camo was started on it when I bought it so we decided to finish it. I let the girls decide how it was going to be painted. Since they have a part in this wheelin thing they picked the colors. I'm just the driver and the mechanic and I think Trevor said it right when he thought it couldn't get any uglier. And yes it is dark pink, light pink, purple and black. What's the matter Ron, your truck not tough enough to wear pink? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
at least we could never loose you on the trails:rotfl:
Lose, the spare tire and the top did come loose on the trail.

As far as losing him, I think the only place that he would be camouflaged in Idaho is next to a spray painted RR car. Even in town or in a parking lot that rig is going to stick out. It is not very stealth.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't think stealth is the look I was going for....I believe obnoxious, gaudy, horrendously different is more the look that was desired and pretty much achieved. The more I look at it the more I like it just because it is so offensive.

Ramcharger - $1300
Paint - $50
The looks it gets in Walmart Parking Lot - PRICELESS

:drive: :rotfl: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HA! Offensive. You are going to have to do more than that.

It reminds me of a story. We had an old 81 Subaru Wagon 4wd when we were in Montana. It was the biggest POS there ever was. No body panels were straight. We were at Costco one time in Billings and a guy in a Ferrari pulled up and he searched out the perfect parking spot for his Ferrari away from all the lessor cars. When we came out he was waiting and he yelled at us. Why did we have to park our POS next to his Ferrari. He found our car offensive. To each there own!

Or when we had the American Flag painted on the hood of our old Land Cruiser. Somebody in Boise told me they found the flag offensive. I told them that there were flights leaving the country every hour and maybe they should get on one of them and not come back.

·
Registered
288 Posts
im right there with you eric around the 4th of july last year i was flying the american flag off the back of my suzuki samurai and one day while i was at work some customer went into albertsons and complained to the manager that day saying that they were deeply offended that i had the guts to fly an american flag off the back of a japines made car my manager back me up completly and told the person NICELY that "its a free country and im am proud of him for flying our nation's flag with pride no matter what car he drives." some people these days get pissed off for nothing or over the slighest things.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
What's the matter Ron, your truck not tough enough to wear pink? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Okay, okay. I give up. Your truck looks great! I wouldn't change a thing. Tell the girls they did a great job. I think I will stick with faded red or orange (depends on how the light hits it) for my truck. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
HA! Offensive. You are going to have to do more than that.

It reminds me of a story. We had an old 81 Subaru Wagon 4wd when we were in Montana. It was the biggest POS there ever was. No body panels were straight. We were at Costco one time in Billings and a guy in a Ferrari pulled up and he searched out the perfect parking spot for his Ferrari away from all the lessor cars. When we came out he was waiting and he yelled at us. Why did we have to park our POS next to his Ferrari. He found our car offensive. To each there own!

Or when we had the American Flag painted on the hood of our old Land Cruiser. Somebody in Boise told me they found the flag offensive. I told them that there were flights leaving the country every hour and maybe they should get on one of them and not come back.
i make it a point to park next to expensive cars with my dirty POS's. especially hummers, escalades, 3/4 and 1 ton rigs with 20+ wheels. serves them right for wasting money on objects of so-called class. mostly only respect classic cars since they mainly have the time and care invested worth the respect. just my opinion....every one has one.

and damn the whole flag thing....go to iraq if you dont like pride in the land of the free!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Okay, okay. I give up. Your truck looks great! I wouldn't change a thing. Tell the girls they did a great job. I think I will stick with faded red or orange (depends on how the light hits it) for my truck. :thumb:
dont forget about the green doors.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
im right there with you eric around the 4th of july last year i was flying the american flag off the back of my suzuki samurai and one day while i was at work some customer went into albertsons and complained to the manager that day saying that they were deeply offended that i had the guts to fly an american flag off the back of a japines made car my manager back me up completly and told the person NICELY that "its a free country and im am proud of him for flying our nation's flag with pride no matter what car he drives." some people these days get pissed off for nothing or over the slighest things.
Was it Lehi that was complaining!!! HAHAHAHA :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry to hijack, back to the Turd thread!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 26 Posts