Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great run without any major damage (that is unless you talk to Rob!! :finger: ). We started off with 7 rigs, we still have some club members that have "in progress" vehicles. It is a relatively short trail with lots of obstacles for stock to medium built rigs. All but one stock ford F150 drove into the sand wash. Most everyone needed spotters at one point in the trail, especially at the end, where you have 3 exits, medium, hard, and holy crap (at least that's what I said!). It was decided that since the my Blaze was pretty capable, and I had a winch, that I would go up first so I could winch up the lesser built rigs. Yeah right! I took the hardest line without lockers, and sure wish I had them. After almost completely rolling the Blaze, and balancing on one front, and one rear tire, we strung out the winch to the F150 that took the bypass. The winch only pulled the F150 towards me, still leaving the Blaze looking like a seesaw. At one point I stood on the front tire to balance it out while a strap was strung through the cab and over the roof, so a "crew" of up to 5 guys could pull on it to keep the blaze from flipping while trying to winch out. Rob finally had to drive up the easiest route so I could have a winch point from a different angle. After about 30 minutes, the Blaze finally got outta the hole. It sure didn't look that hard.......LMAO.

So then it was on to winching duties. I had to pull winch on the stock Chevy pickup, the Rodeo, and the lifted chevy (to give him some credit, he still had too much air in his tires, and hadn't yet corrected some steering issues, so he couldn't turn to the right very far). Both Lehi and Kurt amazed me at how far they took those stockers up by not using any finesse in their driving style....hammer down and drop the clutch!! Kudos guys!! Kurt ended up with a 3 door Rodeo, since the right rear won't open any more cause the rocker is now pushed above it. It was damn hot out there in the desert, so went by the hotsprings to have lunch and relax in the shade. This is a great little run that can be added as a day long run starting with this and ending with running the Bruneau loop.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
164 Posts
THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TAKING THE EASY ROUTE AND JUST MAKING IT LOOK EASY! BUT THEN AGAIN I'M USED TO HAVING TO TAKE A DIFFERENT LINE TO SAVE A CHEVY! :finger: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks like fun! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
personally i think chris's way was easier especially with 5 guys a winch and a truck helping(even if it was a ford). By the way the axle on the brown truck is toast. Good thing I bought another last week. It was fun. I was most impressed by John'srun with no help. :beer: :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
front thanks for the help. :mrgreen:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
been tyinkin' about putting the red bronco back together for a full out thrash rig...built it in two weeks the first time :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Rob,
I think you took a little extra home with you. doah
I leave Friday morning but if you get a chance can you just throw the shackle in my shed. LOL

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts