Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To run 35-37" tires on the front of my effie, how much lift do I need? Can I just low dollar it, and run run rear springs in the front, add a feww leafs to the back to level, and then get rid of the stock steering arm and put in a high steer? The pic is how it sits on 235/85/16's, looks tall for a 3/4 ton, been eyebaling otheres, but obviously not tall enuff for the tire that I want.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
you could easily get away with a 3" body. I run a 4" homebuilt lift on the front of mine, as well as a 3" body. I clear 36x12.50x16.5 real easily and i could clear 38's. If your gonna do it, do not go with rearched springs, you will hate the ride. I did that on mine and on the street they ride really nice but off road you need a kidney belt. You won't have any flex either.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
swapping the cab to an x-cab, so will look at body then.
Thanks.

Lemme know how you did the homebilt , curious.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
like chevycrew said you will need at least a 3" body to clear the frame where the ext. cab portion goes over the raise in the frame for front bed mounting. If you wanna you can come look at mine and i could give you a few pointers if you want so that you know what your getting into. btw the picture in my avatar is what the truck used to be. I will post some before and after pictures

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts

this was the after effect. the majority of the pictures of before and during the build i have but need to be scanned onto a computer. Not bad for a weekends worth of work sun up to sun down. A big thanks to chevycrew who was there the whole time

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet, I see that my bed fitment ideas have been done before.
I pour in Boise all week, pm me your addy, and I would love to drop by in an evening.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the pm, will try to roll bye tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts