Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LT14x4chevy asked me about bumper height laws for visitors coming to Idaho. Anyone know what our laws say about visitors? Can they get a "permit"? Around 60 of his friends and himself are coming out to play with us this summer at Pleasant Valley Race track on the rocks (and maybe I can talk them into playing in the mud too :thumb: ).

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Whatever state the rig is registered in is the laws they need to follow as far as I know.

·
Registered
170 Posts
State laws apply to any car entering the state. You don't get forgiveness because you come from out of state.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LT14x4chevy called the state and found out they can get permits for each rig at $40 each. I guess they are going for it. Cool.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Maybe it's just for the military then? or someone just pulled it out of their ass and I believed them??

Though...

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense having to know every states lift laws if your travelling across the states IMO. I understand if I was driving something like Lehi's burb I'd be worried, but look at my truck.. leveling kit and 35s.

That's not legal in a few New England states, Maine for sure.

Some states don't allow uncovered off road lights, or lights mounted up on the roof.

State laws apply to any car entering the state. You don't get forgiveness because you come from out of state.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Around 60 of his friends and himself are coming out to play with us this summer at Pleasant Valley Race track on the rocks
No Kidding? WOW!

LT14x4chevy called the state and found out they can get permits for each rig at $40 each. I guess they are going for it. Cool.
Once again, No Kidding? WOW!

What date are we looking at? I'll make sure I'm there also. Sounds like it would make a great event writeup. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope he doesn't mind me posting his PM to me, but this explains a few things:

"Yep I think we are comming that way at the end of July or first of Aug...We are going to make a week of it...We will be leaving here on a Thru.night and Driving straight through. And let me change that number from 50 to 60 Trucks and more are signing up to go....We are going to Invade ID with ILL Trucks & Jeeps :rotfl:
I dont know just how many there will be But I do know at the meeting today their was alot of people that wanted to come...And I know that a friend of mine is a member of FatBoyz club and he is getting a sign up sheet for them too...They are mainly a jeep club but they come with us alot ya dont mind do you??? Just cant wait to meet yall it going to be Fun.....:drive:"

He can tell you more about the permit thing since he is the one who checked on it. I guess they have done this before.

·
Registered
58 Posts
NO I dont mind and yes we have done the permit thing before...We have to do it each time we go to MI to play with the Michigan ********.....and we go alot they love to play in the mud..We also have to do this when we go with the GOT Mud Club...Now these guys play hard Here is thier link so you can see what we like to do..http://www.gotmud4x4.com They have a bunch of pic and I know that our trucks are in some of them...Just check it out and see what yall think.... And Sandman I dont know a thing about playing in the sand But I will try just about anything once....There are a few states that have started using Permits.. Another place we go is Badlands in IN it is close in case some of us break something..But most of the time we use the trails around here there are about 200 miles of them and lots of mud to play in...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great pictures! Nice rides too. There are a few folks here that are into the deep stuff who may have some good shots to share with you guys.

The mud drags at Pleasant Valley aren't "boggs". It's a "speed pit", which means it's 18 to 24" deep, 175 feet long, side-by-side drag race style racing. It is a timed event with timing lights. There has been talk of building a "bogg" at Pleasant Valley for those that like the deeper stuff, but no bogg yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have never try mud draging..But like I said before I will try anything once...I know yall have to have some deep mud out there somewhere....The deeper the better...:drive:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Theres the annual Moyie mud bog in Moyie Springs, ID (way up north) every mothers day weekend in May. Its a weekend long event, $20 to get in and free camping, one huge mud pit for everybody to play in, two side by side pits to race, some small rock crawling courses, and plenty of hills to climp and trails to follow. The mud up there gets real deep, and its free to drive in. One hell of a weekend. They have a live band and huge bon fires at night. Last year we had just over 7000 people show up, and it should be bigger this year. I never miss it.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Im sure with that many trucks. We can get a bunch of locals to head out to blacks creek reservoir, local wheeling spot. Its less than 10 miles from the Pleasant valley race track. With as little rain and snow this winter, it should be low and have great gooey nasty stinky mud to play in. Deep mud, deep water.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
We'll take these guys up to St. Anthony Also. They'll have a blast. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts