Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find some info on lift kit options for FJS's. A budy of mine has a 1971 Wagoneer that I am thinking about trading out my Suburban for. Any recommendations would be appreciated, links or other info very much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeep on!:drive:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a result of 2 pots of coffee and the wife and kids sleeping in, I was able to locate ONE place on line that actually carried a kit for 1971 Waggys. Everybody else was 1974+. BJ's was the place, for anybody interested. IF you have a better link or info, would be appreciated.

Jeep On.:drive:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Are the old FSJs sprung over already? I'd do that to start out with. 4-5" of lift right there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The rear is soa but the front is under. I had a superlift suspention and it sucked. I snaped a front leaf on an easy trail. I got a 4" BJ's lift and it is great. Plenty strong and flexy. They are good guys and they will talk your ear off if you call them and ask them about FSJ's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input. Makes the decision much easier. Wifey and I decieded to go with Selling the CJ and getting the FSJ. We can pack more in the FSJ, take the dogs, so on and so on. I was looking at "fixer uper" options, and I think that I will be pleased, once it is all said and done. Just got to wait on the Jeep $$$$$$ to come.

Thanks a lot everybody.

Later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts