Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I would like to link up my rear suspension. The best control is to use rod ends but at a huge cost and a high failure rate in harsh enviroments. I personnaly would like to use bushings ends to be cheap and that they are very forgiving. I have seen rigs run them wityh good results. Any thoughts?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I would run a rebuildable type of rod end i.e. johny joint, jimmy joint or the rubicon express ends they are all pretty similar. You are right the initial cost is more expensive but I know poeple who have run poly bushings on both ends and the bushings are destroyed after about 6 months to a year depending on how much the rig is used. You can always use a rod end type of joint (see above) on one end and poly bushing on the other end. I have seen this and done this with pretty good success. It also depends on what type of system it is more than likely you are gonna go with a typical 3 or 4 bar link suspension right? If you want to run something weird like a watts link it gets tricky. What spring are you going to use? :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts