Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is my great idea for the day. Everyone grab their sawzalls and lets help Matt remove the rest of his body or narrow it or chop it or what ever LOL Good idea eh Matt :rotfl: :rotfl: :mrgreen: :firedevi:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I thought about it.

But that is the easy way out. :mrgreen:

Going to do some other things. I'm still working out the details. :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not saying remove with prejudice just remove and reattach with artfulness :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I do need to do something about the radiator support. The stock unit isnt cutting it anymore. Those rockers are also in the way. I dont plan on much more then that. :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
blt2krl said:
I like the look of Matts rig. I think the whole comp buggie look is over rated. It's cool for those who compete but I like the rigs that still have some resembalnce to what it was in virgin status.
Agreed, I was hoping that Matt didn't get bit by the buggy bug.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
It was close, I'll admit. :mrgreen:

My biggest problem was rockers in the way and the stock support not being able to contain the radiator under severe abuse. Everything else worked out great. I also need a little bit better departure angle. I drug real bad going up the waterfall on upper.

I plan on boatsiding and something up front and moving the axle back.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't mean to say just do tube work but the way Matt has been going I think it would make more sense and be lighter if you made frame of tube and attached the rest of the body i.e. fenders rear bedsides etc with dzus fastners or something like that. Although if that woulnd't make it lighter than there is no point in doing so. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm gona wheel mine till there is no sheetmetal left and then build a tube buggy and move all the goodies over. Hopefully by the time the last peice of sheet metal falls off the new chassis will be ready to go. So, if the chassis is ready and the blazer is still in OK shape my wheeling may get a bunch more aggressive. :firedevi:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.