Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

LED Tail lights and License
For the longest time Ive wanted LED tail lights. Not only for looks, but the benifits of being bright, long lasting and very fast to light up when activated. At the sametime I wanted a working setup of reverse lights. I looked everywhere and I could not find a set of 2-inch White LED tail lights. I scraped my project for a while and came across some 2-inch regular bulbs that where flush mounted. Now I had one more excuse. I wanted a LED 3rd Tail light, but didn't know what to do with the license plate light. Everything came into play so I decided to break out the dremel and go for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife finally wants LEDs on her 02 TJ. I tried to talk her into them a while back, but no luck. Now that we pulled off the spare and mount, the stock tails look goofy being the only thing sticking out.

She's all for the LEDs now, but of course she wants a matching clear one for the back-up. We're leaning torwards Maxxis ones. For the license plate light, I'm thinking about going with the bracket w/ LEDs from AEV. 3 bright LEDs light up the ground under my XJ at night. Only $25 too.

Anyone know where to find a clear 4" round LED w/ about 40-50 LED bulbs inside?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
6 States in Anchorage had all sorts of LED lights. I wonder if that applies to other Six States stores?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts