Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote this this morning but it dumped. Here's hoping......

I got orders Monday to the U-2s at Osan AB, Korea. Since it is a different egress system than I work on I have to go to Beale AFB, CA for 2 months for on the job training. That means I will be gone as of the first week of October and I won't be back till November 2007. I am planning on taking my mid-tour around June 2007, so I'll be anxious to wheel with you all then. Of course, I'll have internet over there so I can stay in touch thru Planet.

I am pushing to get the last few things done to the 4Runner so I can use it some before I go.

Sandy is not happy about this, but she understands this is what we need to do and we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can get a follow on assignment back to good ole Mtn Home.

I guess that's it. Just an FYI for all the club members who have made me feel so welcome, that I will miss you guys while I am gone. But, not too much.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
well damn dude you jsut got that going.

Korea isn't bad, osan is pretty similar to a real base. Kunsan on the other hand.....

Whens your going away party?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Osan isn't too bad. I liked Kwang Ju better though. Spent 3 months at Osan and 4.5 at Kwang Ju for deployments.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Osan isn't too bad. I liked Kwang Ju better though. Spent 3 months at Osan and 4.5 at Kwang Ju for deployments.

The U2s are weird.... so are the guys that work on them. Always seemed like it was "hush hush... this doesn't exist" type thing.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Well Ron I will be back in time to see you off. I hope you have a safe trip. Keep in contact. What are you doing with the toyota while your over there?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did a year at Osan crewin A-10's it not so bad and they do have a pretty fair golf course if you play. If you bring the measurements I'm sure they can make a soft top for your 4-Runner, they can make almost anything.

·
Registered
254 Posts
could be worse could be going to the kun. at least you have better looking juicies up at osan. take care and have fun there.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Dec 78 to Jan 80, Osan. Get ready for warm OB beer, grape and peach Oscar, and the sleeper-Soju.
If you want any clothing made, take a bunch of American made thread with you; it will outlast theirs by years and is great barter material. If you can show them a picture and some mesurements, they can build it. I still have and use daily some of the "Mink" blankets.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
well $hit ron....i will come over and visit and tell "wish i was wheeling " stories. i will be at the koon around march.

speaking of that...we could get those 1/6 scale jeeps like on that other thread. make complete bodies and suspensions out of OB cans and combat bottles:idea: .....i think i am onto something here!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everybody. This will be my second tour to Osan. Only this time I will be one of them...the hush, hush, Black Cats. My first time there was 93-94. I know I will have a good time, it's just the separation from family and NO WHEELIN!

The Toyota will sit in my driveway. Sandy can't drive a stick so I probably should arrange for somebody to come by once a month to run it a bit.

My shop going away should be around 15 Sep. As for a club going away party, not sure yet. We're not really the party types but I would love to get some kind of farewell trail run together. I'll know more once I get my departure date. I'll be taking 2-3 weeks off before I go.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
ron...i am thinking of having a minor shin dig. maybe we could consolidate. there might even be some ones car in the neighborhood for lehi to drive over since he likes to do those kinds of things:thumb: :beer:

as for a fair well run....HELL YEAH!!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trevor, I didn't know you were going too! You'll definitely be coming up to Osan, that's where all the action is. Those little trucks sound like a good idea.

We could consolidate. We can talk this weekend. I'm thinking maybe a trail run/party. Of course, I don't really drink much (till I get back to Osan, drank like a fish last time :beer: ). We could start thinking about it and bring it up at the next meeting.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
im not much of a planner....i BBQ and have beer every friday with hte neighbors so whenever works for you is cool.....but we can chat. and yeah i imagine i will be n hte "O" every now and then. we will have to hang out and keep eachother out of trouble

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ron_Egress said:
The Toyota will sit in my driveway. Sandy can't drive a stick so I probably should arrange for somebody to come by once a month to run it a bit.
Hey, I'll be glad to "run" it once a month or so :rotfl:. Hate to see you go, especially so soon after getting your rig together. Hopefully you'll get to come back here when you're done with your tour. Based on the posts in this thread, I'm starting to think I'm the only guy in the Air Force who hasn't been to Korea.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
JoshH said:
Hey, I'll be glad to "run" it once a month or so :rotfl:. Hate to see you go, especially so soon after getting your rig together. Hopefully you'll get to come back here when you're done with your tour. Based on the posts in this thread, I'm starting to think I'm the only guy in the Air Force who hasn't been to Korea.
Never been to Korea & never will. Sometimes, I wish I would have went before I got married. That's the best time to go someplace like that. I went to Panama single & had a blast. But I came back married. :drool: :bowdown: :pissed: :cussing: :what: :bolt: :darn: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lumpdog said:
Seriously, that blows. Don't leave Josh the keys, he'll just want to tow it around town all the time.

Are you up for a quick evening shakedown run to Lizard Gulch? Nice quick, challenging, and close run. Let's get all the wheeling in you can!
Are you kidding!!! :drive: I am way up for that! I don't know where that is so when/where do we meet?

Sandy said to get as much wheelin done as I can. Also, it appears I spoke too soon. Sandy would like to have a good bye bar-b-que. We'll figure out a date close to the end that won't interfere with everybody's plans for MOAB.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts