Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few videos of Kurt winning the tough truck competition at tonights monster truck show in Meridian. If you attended the Wild West Top Truck competition this year this is the GMC Jimmy that spanked the obstacle course. On the third time out he busted his ball joints on the passengers side, but still made one last lap with the tire laid over on it's sidewall. I think there were more cheers for Kurt than for the monster trucks.

View attachment kurt tough truck 1.WMV

View attachment kurt tough truck 2.WMV

View attachment kurt tough truck 3.WMV

View attachment Kurt towed off.WMV

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Dang, I wish I had known about this. All I did last night was put compost down in my garaden while drinking beer. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
For future reference, I have listed events like this that I am made aware of in the Mud Racing and Bogging thread. Anyone is free to post anything they hear about like this in there and I will add it to the list on the first post. I will try to list what kind of race it is in the future but I was thinking the Meridian race was going to be some kind of mud race as in years past.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Big thanks to Josh and Chris hauling my junk around and camera work. It made for a good may to kill a Saturday night and a 85 S-Jimmy. I think we should put that engine in the Samurai. Parting out S-Jimmy, good hood and welded rear diff, needs from ball joints!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was in the stands also. Good Job! That was an awsome run. That motor sounded pretty strong for an s-10. Was that a 4.3 l or the 2.8 liter? :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's a 3.4 crate motor, bored and stroked 2.8. The v6 used in early 90s Camero's. 160hp should fit in the Sami with the 700r4.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
It was very unclear this year as to what was going on at meridian, there were a few people who called, they were told no mud, but also not told about tough truck. They pretty much said it was just the monster trucks.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah I saw that list, though I thought it was a mud bog. Not really my thing so I didn't think much of it.

More info as the event comes near would be helpful if you know more... like time, cost, where? etc.

Nate

BadDawg said:
For future reference, I have listed events like this that I am made aware of in the Mud Racing and Bogging thread. Anyone is free to post anything they hear about like this in there and I will add it to the list on the first post. I will try to list what kind of race it is in the future but I was thinking the Meridian race was going to be some kind of mud race as in years past.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
if i'd know about this we might have compted as well, or at least come to cheer kurt along. oh well, pretty cool videos

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
There was a separate thread ( FYI - June 17 - http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4010&highlight=june) at the end of last month that talked about Meridain. I figured I would throw it on the list for those interested in it. Didn't there used to be a thread that delt with "EVENTS" on here for things like Meridian and car shows and such?

I put the mud racing list together for those interested in mud but the list grew a little (Meridian Monster Truck and the Tractor/Truck Pulls list). I guess I should strip off everything but the mud stuff so folks can not get confused. But I did think that Meridain was going to be a mud thing. Sorry.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Is there any way these events can be added to the calander on the front page? Kinda like outlook?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts