Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Hot Rod associations of Idaho are putting together a mini-motorfest at the Meridian Speedway to benefit the vicitms of Hurricane Katrina.

All funds will be given to the American Red Cross.

There will be a convoy from the Hooters in Boise to Meridian about 11:30am. The Meridian event runs from noon to 4pm Sunday, September 25. Donations will be requested at the door.

(The convoy is for street legal vehicles only, but you could tow your trail rig in the convoy!)

4x4 enthusiasts are invited to bring their rigs! Hopefully we will get a volunteer to organize our input and we can do some tirestacking in the infield.

Some hot rods will be giving rides around the track for donations. A raffle is planned too! (Any sponsors out there?) The Hooter Girls will also be at the event, for those sight-see'ers amongst you.

I have prior committments that have me flying back into Boise about 2pm Sunday so I need a volunteer to be the 4x4 organizer on-site. Any takers?

Thanks!

Ken

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
We have a run scheduled for that day that I really want to go on, but if no one else volunteers by that date, I will do it. I am not really sure what it will take, but I can figure it out if so tasked to. I am not an Association member at this time, and would suspect that this should probably be spearheaded by the Association for some good PR.

I will stay updated here, so let me know if you need me to do it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lumpdog, thanks for tentatively volunteering!

This is not really an Association thing. Hopefully we can get some clubs to show with their Banners (if they have them) or at least some rigs & members.

I will also be promoting more within the Idaho OffROad 4x4 club. Tough to line this stuff last minute as so many have plans.

:?

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Did not see this thread until today. :banghead: Probably should have been in the General 4x4 section. Did anyone make an appearance from the 4x4 community? This was an excellent opportunity for the local clubs to become more known. Dammit, wish I saw this sooner... :firedevi: :firedevi:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I visited about 2pm. There were about 30 fast cars there and several people taking a look. They gave rides in some of the hotrods, vettes, etc around the track. Even "sold" the chance to drive one of the little "circle track" cars for a $20 contribution.

I will try and post more broadly next time something like this comes up.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts