Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Doug (ontherocks) has a salvage yard in Mountain Home, Hwy 30 Auto Parts. For everything I've ever priced, he has the best prices of anyone else in town. He knows a thing or two about 4x4s too.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Also there's Barger Matson, which is setup like Northwest Auto in Anchorage. Most of their stuff is on the computer and they pull it for you.

Hard to find parts for newer stuff though. I still haven't been able to find a front bumper for my truck (98 Ram) or a center console.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
ranger, are you the guy who posted up on pirate about moving to mtn home? Depending on what kind of vehicles you're looking for there are a few different salvage yards around here.

·
Registered
252 Posts
nate said:
Also there's Barger Matson, which is setup like Northwest Auto in Anchorage. Most of their stuff is on the computer and they pull it for you.
Barger who???????

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thedave said:
ranger, are you the guy who posted up on pirate about moving to mtn home? Depending on what kind of vehicles you're looking for there are a few different salvage yards around here.
Yep, that is I.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nate said:

Hard to find parts for newer stuff though. I still haven't been able to find a front bumper for my truck (98 Ram) or a center console.
I was hoping for a yard you can pull the part yourself. Excellent for finding small hard to find parts, and searching for odds and ends you can modify to work on your rig. Not to mention you can experiment with parts to see if they will work together, or take them apart to see how they work. I spent a lot of time in the yards!
Recyclers with the inventories charge you half of what the part costs new at a dealer.....and you can't experiment or find those small pieces parts. But if you need the part they have you......

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
ranger said:
I was hoping for a yard you can pull the part yourself. Excellent for finding small hard to find parts, and searching for odds and ends you can modify to work on your rig. Not to mention you can experiment with parts to see if they will work together, or take them apart to see how they work. I spent a lot of time in the yards!
Recyclers with the inventories charge you half of what the part costs new at a dealer.....and you can't experiment or find those small pieces parts. But if you need the part they have you......
Doug is your man. I have done just that on more than one occasion. You don't have to pull it yourself, but he will let you walk around and look at stuff. I guess if you really wanted to you can pull stuff. Come to think of it I've done that too (with small stuff).

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
ranger said:
Yep, that is I.
Well welcome to the area, eventually. In my opinion dougs is the best, followed closely by bastida towing. Theres a few yards in boise but I have little experience with them. If you're into older weirder stuff vintage auto has a bunch of vehicles from the teens on

·
Registered
252 Posts
THANKS guys, I appreciate the props.. I guess its time to get my vendor color...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Can you get the plastics too? The upper one is held on with sheetmetal screw cause it's all broke. Bottom one is ok, but find me one with foglights :thumb:

Owyhee Rock Man said:
I'll sell you a new chrome bumper for your RAM for $149.00 Thats without the top cover and lower plastic trim. Those run about $60.00 or so each.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts