Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to the fellow jeepers I finally gave up on full size chevy's and purchaced 2 1997 TJ's for $5,000 and they are both stock but I took mine out (wifey won't let me take her's) on the local trail and I was amazed at how well it did only got stuck once and thankfully my buddy and his 2500 Dodge Diesel were close by. I will post some pic's of the twins once I get some parts on them just not sure where to start. These rigs will be daily drivers as well as local trail runners and maybe next Sept. they will get a shot at Moab. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :thumb::drive::thumb:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Did you get 2 for $5000 or each cost $5000? If they were 2 for $5000 that is a great deal!!!:thumb: Have fun in a Jeep. Now that you have come over, there is no going back. :jeep:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get 2 for $5000 or each cost $5000?
Yes thats right I got BOTH for $5000!!! I was doing backflips :deal: and thanks for the welcome I never plan on going back I'm hooked! :jeep:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry the wifey would get upset about that. She's been wanting one for years and she talked me into getting one also. I got lucky on this deal both for $5000 and all they needed were tops and I got both soft tops on ebay for under 200 + the shipping. :smokin:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the brave new world of jeeps. I too moved from a full size Chevy to a jeep (CJ7). Lots of fun but I do miss all the room when I head out for a weekend camping trip. (but not the gas bill) Won't be long before the mod's start and the pocket book shrinks :) See ya in moab sometime....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Suggestions? depends on what you want to do. If i wasnt a starving college student, i'd build a tj with a RE 4.5 and stuff some 37" bfgs under it. but then you have axles to worry about.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
RE lift kits in my opinion are the best on the market today. Yeah there are some that are a little cheaper, but there kits go together much nicer and the springs have a much nicer ride and flex bad ass!

I am a RE dealer, and can drop ship anything you need :D

For lifts with big tires, or extreme wheeling, I would recommend the RE Long arm kits. Take a little more time to install, but it flexes and rides way better and it comes with a full skid plate.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Score, someday I will probably move from the full size clan to the cult of Jeep. Although if I do that it will probably be because I roll my blazer. But who knows I may someday come back to the tribe of suzuki

1 - 10 of 10 Posts