Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well so far I've gathered that the 07's will be offered with a 3.0 diesel I was just wanting to see if this is going to be offered in the Rubicon package and if so is the 4d going to be diesel? Also I can't wait any longer for this rig I'm dying to see what Gale Banks comes out with for the diesel power! :bowdown::drool:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Gee, everything I have read says the '07s only have the 3.8 gas engine. I know there is a lot of talk about a diesel for the '08s (next year). Where did you hear they somehow got a diesel certified to pass the EPA for this year?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Gale Banks... :darn:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
What I meant by the: :confused: was that Jeep isn't building the new JK for the States with a diesel this year. There are only rumors about "maybe" getting one certified for the '08s. The diesel that was being offered in the Liberty has been discontinued for this year ('07) because it won't pass the EPA for next year. The diesel that is offered in the European JK isn't available here in the states because of the EPA/fuel regs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh the article I read said that it would be offered in the states early 07 which didn't make much sense cause they start marketing the 07's in august 06 oh well maybe they will have something soon enough and btw I love Banks toys I've always seen good things from them.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Another thing that may be a problem is that the low sulfar fuel and pumps don't seem to mix, some of the European diesel companies have held off importing diesels because they have developed new pumps for the low sulfar diesel but since it slightly different in the US they haven't imported them until the low sulfar diesel hasn't been available long enough to know what they are up against. VM Motori is the manufactuer of the liberty diesel. It is an Italian company that has been making motors forever. I read on the Jeep website that the World Engine is the new thing and is an engine that will be shared with Mitsubishi and Hyundai. I bet they all couldn't afford to develop a dual VVT motor on their own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts