Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several people told me to ditch the Jet chip. I'm runnin' a '98 Ram 1500 with the 318. It's got 33's on it so you know what that does to my gear ratio. It seems like the Jet chip raises the r.p.m.'s on the shift point. Obviously not to red line but it does wind a little higher before it shifts. With my needing a little extra oomph because of the 33's and the 318 wouldn't this be a good thing?

As always, thanks from a rookie.

B 8)

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I think the chip would help. It does more then just move the shift points up. How much is it? A free flowing exhaust can also help.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sandman said:
I think the chip would help. It does more then just move the shift points up. How much is it? A free flowing exhaust can also help.
It was around $250 if I recall. I put it on several years ago, actually before the 33's were even considered. I do have a free flowing exhaust, Spin Tech muffler with a 3" pipe from the cat back.

Thanks for the feedback.

B
8)

·
Registered
695 Posts
From what I have read about Jet, is that Jet= about 10hp and about 3mpg loss in fuel consumption, but that is just on the Toyotas...It's your truck man, if you like it, keep it, if you don't, ditch it!!! :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts