Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

jeep suspension

3K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  cherokeepeople 
#1 ·
Ok here goes this is whats planned anyone have comments questions please respond. Thanks!!!

(Not my project, just building it)

69 wagoneer, with buick 350, th400, dana 20 dana 27 & 44

76 cherokee, amc 360 (blown), th400, quadra trac, dual 44's

Using the cherokee for the build up

This is whats planned suspension wise
3" body lift
Shackle reversal (front) (3" of lift).....comments please
Spring Over Axle (front) (5"-6" lift).....comments please
Custom drag link, high steer later
Shackle Flip (rear) (4"-5" lift)
Drop front of rear spring 3" (1.5" lift)
Rear block (2"-4" lift)
Cut fenders to clear 38's

swap out rear dana 44/3.07 gears for eaton rear w/4.10
swap gears in front to 4.10 to match
change front 44 to 8 lug

pull motor, tranny, t-case, from 69 wagon and put in 76 cherokee

Do drivelines, shocks and the little stuff.

This should be able to flex very well on stock springs, be a low budget build, and be a good all around suv.

See less See more
#10 ·
What's the width of the eaton axle? You may end up a little bit wider in the back than the front.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of shackle reversals. You can cause problems with the front driveline, but that is just a personal preference I guess. Seems lots of people like it since lots of people do it.

#14 ·
Eaton is 65" wide
front dana 44 is 62", then add 8 lug bearing hubs, about 2"-3" overall
8 lug front 64"-65" wide when complete

Front drivelines are easily corrected with a long travel shaft.

Thanks for the input though! :goodjob:

JoshH said:
What's the width of the eaton axle? You may end up a little bit wider in the back than the front.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of shackle reversals. You can cause problems with the front driveline, but that is just a personal preference I guess. Seems lots of people like it since lots of people do it.

#18 ·
I second that, why waste money on a rear locker when that cash can be used somewhere else...weld it.

The 3" BL plus the reversal and SOA, that seems like alot of lift. what size tires are you planning on? Tire size can only go so big without putting that 44 in check

#21 ·
Know of any dually width eatons, I might even put one in my crew cab if I can find a 4.56 or 5.14 ratio. 4.56 would be better than my 3.73, and the 5.14 would be pretty damn good. Parts are not hard to get either, just special order from schucks.

#22 ·
chevycrew said:
Ok here goes this is whats planned anyone have comments questions please respond. Thanks!!!

(Not my project, just building it)

69 wagoneer, with buick 350, th400, dana 20 dana 27 & 44

76 cherokee, amc 360 (blown), th400, quadra trac, dual 44's

Using the cherokee for the build up

This is whats planned suspension wise
3" body lift
Shackle reversal (front) (3" of lift).....Waste of time
Spring Over Axle (front) (5"-6" lift)..... Go to www.ifsja.org and search for TT fabrications. They have what your looking for.
Custom drag link, high steer later DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME BUMP STEER WILL BE A BITCH
Shackle Flip (rear) (4"-5" lift) Also see TT fabrications
Drop front of rear spring 3" (1.5" lift) You have to do this in order for the rear shackle flip to work out
Rear block (2"-4" lift) Do not use blocks think about running 63 inch chevy springs.
Cut fenders to clear 38's

swap out rear dana 44/3.07 gears for eaton rear w/4.10
swap gears in front to 4.10 to match
change front 44 to 8 lug

pull motor, tranny, t-case, from 69 wagon and put in 76 cherokee

Do drivelines, shocks and the little stuff.

This should be able to flex very well on stock springs, be a low budget build, and be a good all around suv.
I added my comments to your quote

#25 ·
chevycrew said:
Here is the link, awesome stuff

http://www.ttsfabworks.com/

I still think ill build the stuff tho, and thinking of using some 63" leaves sitting out back.

How do the 63" leaves flex compared to the stock waggy, chero, springs?
They flex significantly better. I run rancho 44044's up front and 63 in chevy springs out of a 1/2 ton susburban with the overload spring taken out. the rig sits leave and has good articulation.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.