Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have a problem. I have a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4.0 liter 4x4. My problem other than having a soccer mom car on steroids. Is that one day it will start, and the next day it won't, it will turn over just fine, has fuel but no start.
Can anyone give me a few ideas to start looking at. I have put it on a computer and came up with nothing that would cause it not to run, but this is getting frustrating to the point I'm ready to sell it when I finally got it trail ready.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
idcowgirl said:
Okay I have a problem. I have a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4.0 liter 4x4. My problem other than having a soccer mom car on steroids. Is that one day it will start, and the next day it won't, it will turn over just fine, has fuel but no start.
Can anyone give me a few ideas to start looking at. I have put it on a computer and came up with nothing that would cause it not to run, but this is getting frustrating to the point I'm ready to sell it when I finally got it trail ready.
Check the clearance on the CPS or crank position sensor on the bellhousing, if that is more than a business card away from the flywheel you will have trouble with it running well. Just the most common one.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
You sure it's getting fuel? Fuel pumps are pretty common to go out on them. Otherwise, crank position sensor is another one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you have any problems with it hot stalling, or dieing after it is warmed up. When I first bought mine it would run fine for a while and all of the sudden it would die in the middle of traffic. As it turned out if was the CPS and after I replaced it, it ran without any problems.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys my mechanic is trying to fix over the phone, so far it sounds like I need to check the camshaft sensor and someone gave me a good idea to check the CPS. So sounds like I will be busy this weekend. I appreciate all the advice at least now I have some ideas as to what to check before just throwing parts at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts